Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

spunkmuffin wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:58 am
vurt wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:39 am its not the collecting it thats evil!

its the force feeding it to ai, the poor things can only take so many cat pics or half finished songs before they are driven insane and let loode on automated phone lines :cry:
but vurt aren't you a type of ai that consumes cat pics (voluntarily I think), are kind of insane and 'loode' on kvr??!
im lood? youre the spunky one :o

damn fat fingets :cry:

Teksonik wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:57 pm
Anyway not getting an answer to the simple "will there be a 64 bit version" question hardly gives one confidence in the developer.
Agreed.

Wow this sounds really great (or the presets are designed to sound that great). Very thick.

I am genuinely excited about this one. I was wondering what happened to this project maybe 6 months ago and this progress report has been welcome news. I must have it. Sounds great. And if it is 32 bit: I don't care if it was even 8 bit because I have the ancient skill of creativity.

overhishead wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:34 pm And if it is 32 bit: I don't care if it was even 8 bit because I have the ancient skill of creativity.
An ancient computer will help, too.

overhishead wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:34 pm I am genuinely excited about this one. I was wondering what happened to this project maybe 6 months ago and this progress report has been welcome news. I must have it. Sounds great. And if it is 32 bit: I don't care if it was even 8 bit because I have the ancient skill of creativity.
It's not a question of creativity but rather if your DAW can load 32-bit vst's.
I5-8600K, 16 GB, Presonus Audiobox USB 96, Fl Studio, Reason 11, Studio One 5 Artist.

ravasb: An ancient computer will help, too.
or just Reaper

gruberman: It's not a question of creativity but rather if your DAW can load 32-bit vst's.
or just Reaper

overhishead wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:48 pm ravasb: An ancient computer will help, too.
or just Reaper

gruberman: It's not a question of creativity but rather if your DAW can load 32-bit vst's.
or just Reaper
"Reaper can do that!" :D

I once did a collab project in Reaper.
When it was finished my only wish was that I would hever have to open Reaper again.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

overhishead wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:48 pm gruberman: It's not a question of creativity but rather if your DAW can load 32-bit vst's.
or just Reaper
Some people would prefer not to use a Bit Bridge even one as efficient as the one in Reaper. Or they use a DAW with no Bit Bridge..... :wink:

To me Genesis Pro seems like a really deep and feature rich synth but handcuffing it with SE and 32 bit is like taking the engine out of a Koenigsegg Agera RS and putting it into a 1963 Ford Pickup truck.

But for $1 it would be hard to pass it up if for nothing else an afternoon's entertainment. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I even know how to use a microphone and solder cables, guess I'm more of a Gearslut than a Fruity Loops nerd :D I learned to make "music" in a physical garage band in 1991 so I am a dottering old man. Did I mention old? I'm old school. I have physical aspects to my studio and those are many times more of a PITA to deal with than crank-starting an old fashioned 32 bit VSTi.

negative nancies just want to be negative nancies. no intention to use the product, they just want to flex their critic skills and immediately criticize some other thing someone who makes stuff makes.

overhishead wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:14 pm negative nancies just want to be negative nancies.
You realize you're being a "negative nancy" right ? :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

well seems like i have to rewire renoise in abel10 again to get that 32bit magic working. :phones:

overhishead wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:14 pm negative nancies just want to be negative nancies. no intention to use the product, they just want to flex their critic skills and immediately criticize some other thing someone who makes stuff makes.
If Reaper didn't exist, I would feel negative about 32-bit plugins in 2020, too. Luckily for us, one doesn't have to care if he's using a 64 or 32-bit VST. The integrated bridge is that good!

And yes, I'm aware that there are many other DAWs with a built-in bridge. :)

Maybe in the future all plugins will be 48-bit, and everyone will be happy.

My point is in my opinion it's too bad that such a well conceived idea for a great sounding (judging only by the demos), and feature rich synth has to be handcuffed by old technology.

It's a shame that such a concept couldn't be updated to modern specs without the need for the "save as" architecture (which the developer who uses it has no control over including the third party modules) and available not only for Windows but Mac and Linux as well.

Genesis Pro in native C++ etc would be a contender for one of the top synths judging only by what can be seen so far.

But it is what it is....take it or leave it. Like I said for $1 it's pretty much the text book definition of a no-brainer.

It is just as important for developers to know why someone is not buying a product and is it is why they are. That is what forums are for.

Return to “Instruments”