Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

wow these new bifocals...at first glance that appeared as sober attacks :lol:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:36 am wow these new bifocals...at first glance that appeared as sober attacks :lol:
:hihi:

I still can't seem to reproduce that. Care to send MIDI+audio that shows it?

Came back here to say that what I am able to hear doesn't seem to have anything to do with PB or MPE. With the attack set to 50ms and no MPE or PB I can get the blip... it is there about 50% of the time, sometimes a little louder. I think that this is because the osc is free running, maybe and with that fast an attack we can hear the click of the amplitude being offset from zero.

So cool to spend this time with BW and MX doing MPE though -- I figured out a lot of interesting applications. Still feel like it is the best sounding MPE synth in this config despite not being MPE.

Noumena wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:50 pm Came back here to say that what I am able to hear doesn't seem to have anything to do with PB or MPE. With the attack set to 50ms and no MPE or PB I can get the blip... it is there about 50% of the time, sometimes a little louder. I think that this is because the osc is free running, maybe and with that fast an attack we can hear the click of the amplitude being offset from zero.

So cool to spend this time with BW and MX doing MPE though -- I figured out a lot of interesting applications. Still feel like it is the best sounding MPE synth in this config despite not being MPE.
What I hear only happens after pitchbend... it is definitely not free running osc clicks but sounds like a very fast pitch glide

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:28 am I'm not sure if it's a recent update to FL Studio, or a recent update to Windows 10, but either way Massive X has started taking a long time to switch between patches. I change the patch, the interface freezes for maybe 3 seconds or so. Anyone else with a similar issue?
What DAW are you using? I had the same issue with a bunch of different plugins in Ableton Live 10, and the problem completely disappeared in Ableton Live 11. As far as I can tell it only affected AU and VST3 plugins (and strangely, not all of them; mostly Roland Cloud). Didn’t have the issue with Massive X, but I use that in Komplete Kontrol, which means I’m using the VST2 version. If you’re using the AU version, try the VST2.
Stormchild

He mentioned FL Studio, on W10, so... :)

wow, just now getting into Massive X. Its so deep and complex. There goes the rest of my life! It's so great that the obvious omissions (like not enough visual feedback etc...) just become more obvious. But so glad to discover this deep functionality! Watching this really good tutorial series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foqqypM_O_A

I do wonder if they continue to refine it and add some of the features mentioned here. Wishful thinking probably.

-X
Last edited by killmaster on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killmaster wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:36 pm Or U-he synths though I wish they had native MPE support too.
All the U-he synths except Zebra support MPE...

pdxindy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:15 pm
killmaster wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:36 pm Or U-he synths though I wish they had native MPE support too.
I guess I didn't realize this! So they use the rotating channels assignment thing? I thought you had to manually add multiple channels. My misunderstanding, thanks... going to check on it now

EDIT: watched Diva setup video on Roli site and it looks like you still have to assign all 16 channels for slide to function per note. So I guess you means it supports it but it isn't internally native to it? I probably don't know what I'm talking about cause these tech things kinda mystify me.

U-he supports some features of MPE but not completely. There are a lot of notable limitations. Read up on it in their forum.

killmaster wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:25 pm
I guess I didn't realize this! So they use the rotating channels assignment thing? I thought you had to manually add multiple channels. My misunderstanding, thanks... going to check on it now

EDIT: watched Diva setup video on Roli site and it looks like you still have to assign all 16 channels for slide to function per note. So I guess you means it supports it but it isn't internally native to it? I probably don't know what I'm talking about cause these tech things kinda mystify me.
Diva just works with my Linnstrument... no assigning needed

the u-he synths do not support the master channel, which I can workaround easily enough though I rarely want to. Then the u-he synths don't support release velocity.

But the main important parameters of pitch, aftertouch and timbre are supported and need no configuration. Well, you have to set either Control A or Control B to CC74 but that is something you do once then never need to touch again.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:57 pm
killmaster wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:25 pm

Diva just works with my Linnstrument... no assigning needed

the u-he synths do not support the master channel, which I can workaround easily enough though I rarely want to. Then the u-he synths don't support release velocity.

But the main important parameters of pitch, aftertouch and timbre are supported and need no configuration. Well, you have to set either Control A or Control B to CC74 but that is something you do once then never need to touch again.
hmmm. interesting. thanks for the clarification. Really good to know since I was avoiding the hassle. It does seem like pitch bend does work with no additional channel duplications! Almost never think of using release velocity and as a rule have been assigning Control A to CC74 already.

Return to “Instruments”