your top 2 FREE VSTi synths with personality/unique sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Full Bucket Mono/Fury and Nabla
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

1. Zebralette
2. Fathom Mono

And will +1 on those other two U-he free synths others have mentioned.

Zebralette
TripleCheese
yzcoruhT

I have a hard time nailing down surge to a specific character since it is very versatile but definitely is the best free synth available.

For two simpler characterful synths I’m thinking Crust and Digits. Maybe OxeFM in place of digits. I’m not sure I’d say it’s terribly unique as it’s fairly typical dx7 sounding, in a good way, but with more variety because of different osc waveforms.

Tyrell N6
Surge

Surge was the second VST I bought and I still use and now it's free and it's the top free synth ever, especially the LFOs and the "fast FM"! :D

This will take me some time, but I'm sure Krakli will feature. In fact they will feature at least once:

CYGNUS. A very strange sounding pad synth - really cool for cold, distant, dark space electronica.

Give me time and I'll think of some more.

oooh! Love Krakli S3 and CYGNUS!! just TWO?? Impossible, darn it. Well the two I picked seemed obscure and over looked, like Daedalus. OOPS!! That one's very good, but mostly common-ish overall... .and gotta keep it to TWO @#%#$^%@$^%

ZynAddSubFX
Dexed

Whoah, Cygnus looks like how I imagine Vurt's brain. It is 32-bit?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:06 pm Whoah, Cygnus looks like how I imagine Vurt's brain. It is 32-bit?
Sadly it is. It's not quite as wild and uncharted as vurt's brain.

This is the alternative version.

Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:06 pm Whoah, Cygnus looks like how I imagine Vurt's brain. It is 32-bit?
more green :)

check out vurtbox by krakli too :hihi:

-Dexed
-PG8x
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:21 pm
more green :)

check out vurtbox by krakli too :hihi:
Yeah, this is more like your brain :hihi:

NI Mikro Prism
NI Blocks Base

Both amazing, made me get Reaktor 6.

Return to “Instruments”