Brainworks Knifonium vs Uhe Diva

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I feel that Diva is greatly liked on this forum, so not a bad choice, you're likely to get the support and help you might need as you continue to use it.
Take care :wink:

Vortifex wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:23 am Diva is your cool dad, great dress sense, reliable, drives a Lexus but takes the Jaguar XJS out on weekends. Knifonium is your crazy Vietnam vet uncle who wears Hawaiian shirts, rides a Harley and never returns anything he borrows.
would have probably said diva, then i read this.
knifonium! :party:

OP, if you're looking for analog emulations you should also look into The Legend and Obsession by Synapse Audio. Less flexible than Diva as it emulates multiple modules from multiple synth, but the sound is top notch.

Knifeonium had a crazy aliasing in the upper registers. I don’t know if it was a bug, but it sounded terrible to me.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Didn't like the sound of Knif. Diva hands down for me.

Shame Knifonium doesn’t recall patches in Nuendo 10 and Studio One 5, Catalina.
Makes it unusable and for sale if anyone wants to buy it... DIVA works perfect!

ubailey wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:02 am Im thinking of copping one of these unique analog synths. Which do you like the most?
Both of them have demo versions. Try them and you'll find out which one you like best. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Diva hands down.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:09 pm Knifeonium had a crazy aliasing in the upper registers. I don’t know if it was a bug, but it sounded terrible to me.
It was a bug. They released an update ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:50 am
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:09 pm Knifeonium had a crazy aliasing in the upper registers. I don’t know if it was a bug, but it sounded terrible to me.
It was a bug. They released an update ...
Wow, hard to imagine that got past beta. I’ll retry it now, as the idea seems great.

I’ll still vote for Diva though. So versatile and tons of different models to mix and match. There are better analog emulations now (including RePro) but Diva still has a place in anyone’s plugin folder.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I own diva and enjoy it quite a bit. Knifeonium seems to do low and dirty a bit better and more easily. I might say to go with repro over either. If I didn’t have such a ridiculous amount of synths, I would probably go for Knifeonium, but I do so I won’t. I also won’t be using diva to make those types of sounds when I need them.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Two different beasts.
Each has its merits.

You can always use DIVA and add some saturation via plug-ins, or outboard gear :)

Send me a PM if you want to buy Knifonium.
It’s not for me.

ubailey wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:02 am Im thinking of copping one of these unique analog synths. Which do you like the most?
:roll:

Return to “Instruments”