Goodbye Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rod_zero wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:01 pm I use less plugins as time goes by just sticking to Live's native devices.

I would be really interested in getting the roland plugouts to use with my system 8 but the cloud service along the price really puts me off, maybe one day they have a big discount on eternal licenses.
You can't get away from the cloud service with the lifetime licensing. You still need to run Roland Cloud Manager for the weekly phone home.

The OP in this thread reminds me why I grab ye older pocket recorder when inspiration strikes to hum a few bars and make other notes. TBH any number of things could happen. Inspiration could strike after a strong thunderstorm cuts the power etc etc
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

melomood wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:08 am The OP in this thread reminds me why I grab ye older pocket recorder when inspiration strikes to hum a few bars and make other notes. TBH any number of things could happen. Inspiration could strike after a strong thunderstorm cuts the power etc etc
Someone should build an app into our cell phones that we can use as a voice/pocket recorder. Chances are the phone is always around. This way you won't even need a separate pocket recorder, but you'd always have a backup to get thoughts down in case Roland Cloud or some other computer problem befell you. Whoever does that first, boy, I bet they'll be rich!

:hihi:

There are free recording apps available for phones & tablets. You only need to look

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:02 am
melomood wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:08 am The OP in this thread reminds me why I grab ye older pocket recorder when inspiration strikes to hum a few bars and make other notes. TBH any number of things could happen. Inspiration could strike after a strong thunderstorm cuts the power etc etc
Someone should build an app into our cell phones that we can use as a voice/pocket recorder. Chances are the phone is always around. This way you won't even need a separate pocket recorder, but you'd always have a backup to get thoughts down in case Roland Cloud or some other computer problem befell you. Whoever does that first, boy, I bet they'll be rich!

:hihi:
You’re kidding right? The iOS comes with one and if you need something fancier there are basically DAWs you can get where you can produce entire tracks.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Yes, I'm kdding! The laughy face at the bottom wasn't a big enough clue?

Melomod said "this thread reminds me why I grab ye older pocket recorder when inspiration strikes" which I thought was very quaint [using an old school recorder when every cellphone does the exact same thing using free built in apps].

Reason 11 suite constantly says I need to access the internet to sign in even after I installed their invasive spyware so I wouldn't have to be always connected. Garbage.

Support companies/plugins that use serials like u-he.

I regret buying my D50 lifetime license. All this awful buggy intrusive bloatware for 1 plugin. Constantly telling me there are updates (for shit I don’t use or want), or that I need to sign in, or that it can’t connect. I personally don’t think it could be much worse.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:17 am Yes, I'm kdding! The laughy face at the bottom wasn't a big enough clue?

Melomod said "this thread reminds me why I grab ye older pocket recorder when inspiration strikes" which I thought was very quaint [using an old school recorder when every cellphone does the exact same thing using free built in apps].
The absolute cluelessness of people here sometimes kills me. i'm sure they believe all the headlines from The Onion too.

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:57 am Reason 11 suite constantly says I need to access the internet to sign in even after I installed their invasive spyware so I wouldn't have to be always connected. Garbage.

Aye, get rid. That sounds totally ridiculous, so you can't use what you have paid for if you're not connected to the internet? You can bet illegal versions don't have that so it is basically punishing legit buyers and not even using an alternative protection system like pretty much every single other company is just lazy. It reminds me of the anti piracy trailers at the front end of the first DVDs. They couldn't be skipped or fast forwarded. You would spend a lot of money on a DVD and be forced to watch something as if you were guilty of a crime. What really grated was that if someone was watching a pirated copy, the anti-piracy advert would have been removed! Totally stupid and short-sighted.

Reason Studios supports a dongle for offline
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... ition-key/
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:12 pm Reason Studios supports a dongle for offline
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... ition-key/
They also support spyware software for not having to sign in every single time, but that is faulty and I still end up having to sign in every single time.

Why on earth should I have to spend $50 and waste a usb port for this garbage that may not even work given their software solution is buggy? And reason isn't even my main software I just use it as a vst plugin. I should pay money and use up ports in order to use a vst. That's completely insane, and It's incredibly anti-consumer.
leeleema wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:50 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:57 am Reason 11 suite constantly says I need to access the internet to sign in even after I installed their invasive spyware so I wouldn't have to be always connected. Garbage.

Aye, get rid. That sounds totally ridiculous, so you can't use what you have paid for if you're not connected to the internet? You can bet illegal versions don't have that so it is basically punishing legit buyers and not even using an alternative protection system like pretty much every single other company is just lazy. It reminds me of the anti piracy trailers at the front end of the first DVDs. They couldn't be skipped or fast forwarded. You would spend a lot of money on a DVD and be forced to watch something as if you were guilty of a crime. What really grated was that if someone was watching a pirated copy, the anti-piracy advert would have been removed! Totally stupid and short-sighted.
Amen.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:17 am Yes, I'm kdding! The laughy face at the bottom wasn't a big enough clue?

Why do you assume everyone buys in to owning a cellphone? I do not. I use a pocket recorder because I have one, fabulously modern guy

melomood wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Why do you assume everyone buys in to owning a cellphone? I do not. I use a pocket recorder because I have one, fabulously modern guy
Because I suspect you're in a vast minority and most people do "buy in to owning a cellphone". Even my 85 year old mother uses one.

melomood wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:15 pm

The mistake you make is in thinking you have to use a cellphone for being a cellphone. I rarely call anyone with my iPhone. It’s a camera, recorder, calendar, reminder, musical instrument, among other things. When my daughter takes her Zoom piano classes I hook it up to an old MIDI keyboard and it does passable piano via Garage Band.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”