Things You Wouldn't Hesitate to Buy Them Again at Full Price?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TDR Limiter 6 GE

Voxengo TEOTE

Soundtheory Gullfoss

All the valhalla stuff, Kontakt, zebra2, all the orange tree samples libraries, the audio modeling winds, lass, cineperc, and waves platinum. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Cubase... and vaz modular.
JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

renoise , valhalla , Tal, zebra, reaktor , abl ... almost everything except studio one ( which I bought from the markeplace).
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

DRC, AAS bundle, UA Lion, Fl Studio, Phaseplant, Spitfire LABS which will cost 0 again, Decimort, Soundtoys Filterfreak, Decapitator, Microshift, Surreal machines bundle

TrackComp2 , Kush AR-1, Unisum, Phase Plant, Stage One, Center One, Reaper and Omnisphere

Bazille

U-he Hive 2.1
Bitwig

Spring Goose wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:47 pm Voxengo TEOTE
Soundtheory Gullfoss
Some questions if you don't mind:
So you would purchase both of them again? Do you feel they complement rather than replace each other? Do you use both in the same production or sometimes one and other times the other?

On topic: Sonarworks, DIVA, Dune3, Kontakt, Fabfilter stuff, UVI Shade, 2CAudio Breeze2 & Kaleidoscope, Valhala Delay, u-he Satin, Geist2, Gullfoss & Soothe2 would have me 90% covered and would be worth it to me at full price in the hypothetical scenario with no sales, etc

ProTools. After trying so many DAWs to find the one that fits to me, it would be worth it again.
All Fabfilter plugins. Just practical bug free on my side, real time savers and used as 1st choice.
Lexicon PCM bundle. Used in so many projects and sound nice very quick.

gondii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:06 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:47 pm Voxengo TEOTE
Soundtheory Gullfoss
Some questions if you don't mind:
So you would purchase both of them again? Do you feel they complement rather than replace each other? Do you use both in the same production or sometimes one and other times the other?
No i don't mind. :) I haven't used them in the same production. I think one would better compliment a track than the other. I think it's plausible that it may be possible to get a good result using both on the one track but it isn't something i've tried yet.
What i've thought is this: Gullfoss makes or enhances things posh and pretty/beautiful. TEOTE improves the balance of the mix effectively but without changing the "nature" of the sound/music. (i hope you can understand what i mean) I think TEOTE will be much better for my techno songs than Gullfoss which was fine for my house, progressive house and tech-house songs.

If you want to have a quick listen to some of my Gullfoss songs then i put some recently in Music Cafe, and i think it's easy to see what i mean. If you want examples of my TEOTE techno songs gimme a shout and i'll get some up for you.

What genre/s of music do you do? I do also make other more chilled songs than just the club songs, i think i can get a good result with either Gullfoss or TEOTE. They do sound very much different (to my ears), and i can demonstrate if you ask me to hear some TEOTE songs. I'm not saying that i couldn't get a good result with TEOTE for house, progressive house, and tech-house songs because i'm sure i could get a good result with TEOTE. I am saying that i don't think Gullfoss would be particularly useful for techno, but i remain open-minded, in fact maybe a bit of Gullfoss in moderation then some TEOTE is the answer! (or vice versa) I'll have to give that a try.

Hang on, i typed all that and then i noticed that you actually already have Gullfoss. I'll leave what i said as it is, i guess you already know how Gullfoss makes something sound, unless i'm using Gullfoss differently than you. I take it that you (can) use both Gullfoss and Soothe 2 for the same song?

BTW i only bought TEOTE 2 days ago, and i'm still on my 14 days (demo) of Gullfoss, but it's a definite purchase at full price for £150.

Reason 10,
Arturia V7 & FX collections

Reason opened up a world of sound design and modular potential for me. Whatever crazy idea I can come up with there is a way of rigging Reason up to pull it off.

The Arturia stuff is just great CMI, DX, Mini V... The SEM filter and the Plate verb, I love these tools!

Spring Goose wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:49 pm No i don't mind. :)
Thanks for the detailed reply, that was very helpful. Although I do like transient heavy, in-your-face techno, my music tends to be much softer with a focus on the melodies and melodic elements. I'd say somewhere in the melodic techno / trance area with the occasional ambient track. I purchased Gullfoss about a year ago and it served me well, so I'm glad to hear your assessment.

I have so far stayed away from trying TEOTE, just because I was afraid of liking it and since my impression was that it was an "either/or" thing, it didn't seem smart attempting to "replace" a pretty expensive plugin that I was essentially very happy with. But the way you describe it does make it sound useful. I'll demo it at some point, but I feel no rush.

I don't really use Soothe2 on the mix/master, more on individual tracks. Just really different application in my opinion as it removes harsh sounding and resonant frequencies. Bought it during the last BF sale. What I like about Gullfoss is the way it creates space for the different sounds in a mix. I also bought Intensity by Zynaptiq recently, have you tried that? It also brings a lot of elements really to the front of the mix, more aggressive than Gullfoss. Wouldn't purchase at full price (369€ :ud:) but I picked it up during a sale for around 90€.

gondii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:31 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:49 pm No i don't mind. :)
Thanks for the detailed reply, that was very helpful. Although I do like transient heavy, in-your-face techno, my music tends to be much softer with a focus on the melodies and melodic elements. I'd say somewhere in the melodic techno / trance area with the occasional ambient track. I purchased Gullfoss about a year ago and it served me well, so I'm glad to hear your assessment.

I have so far stayed away from trying TEOTE, just because I was afraid of liking it and since my impression was that it was an "either/or" thing, it didn't seem smart attempting to "replace" a pretty expensive plugin that I was essentially very happy with. But the way you describe it does make it sound useful. I'll demo it at some point, but I feel no rush.

I don't really use Soothe2 on the mix/master, more on individual tracks. Just really different application in my opinion as it removes harsh sounding and resonant frequencies. Bought it during the last BF sale. What I like about Gullfoss is the way it creates space for the different sounds in a mix. I also bought Intensity by Zynaptiq recently, have you tried that? It also brings a lot of elements really to the front of the mix, more aggressive than Gullfoss. Wouldn't purchase at full price (369€ :ud:) but I picked it up during a sale for around 90€.
Glad to be of service!
Yes i do have Zynaptiq Intensity which i also bought at a not entirely unreasonable price in a sale. I was using it for my masters, but then i lost a computer and then i haven't reinstalled it to the next computer (yet). I'll have to give it another try sometime. I'll try the demo of Soothe sometime, not now cos i can do without another compulsion to spend another £180!

Wouldn't hesitate: Keyscape
Would hesitate: Omnisphere
Wouldn't hesitate: Liquisonics Seventh Heaven
Would hesitate: Fabfilter-R
Wouldn't heistate: Synapse Audio Obsession
Would hesitate: Cipher 2
Wouldn't hesitate: Reason Suite (for Rack)
Would hesitate: Phaseplant Max

Noumena wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:42 pm
Wouldn't hesitate: Liquisonics Seventh Heaven
Sounds great
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”