Algonaut Atlas 2 finally announced. New buyers get 2 for free, 19$ upgrade for others.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas Atlas 2

I'm loving this update so far! :clap:
Last edited by dblock on Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone else have a coupole seconds delay when rerandomizing kits (16 sounds?). I have the samples on an older ssd (pro evo). Atlas itself on a new nvme ssd (also pro evo).

Also I have to say im not fully sold on the editing options and the sequencer but I'm gonna evaluate a bit more and then decide if I like XO or Atlas 2 better. I think its a much closer comparison now.

Woah, nice update. :clap:

gExpectations wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:12 pm Also I have to say im not fully sold on the editing options and the sequencer but I'm gonna evaluate a bit more and then decide if I like XO or Atlas 2 better. I think its a much closer comparison now.
Yeh, perhaps not as cut and dry as I thought before using it....although if I didn't already have XO it would already be bought!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:47 pm
gExpectations wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:12 pm Also I have to say im not fully sold on the editing options and the sequencer but I'm gonna evaluate a bit more and then decide if I like XO or Atlas 2 better. I think its a much closer comparison now.
Yeh, perhaps not as cut and dry as I thought before using it....although if I didn't already have XO it would already be bought!
Well i also already have XO :hihi:

I figure I am going to give it a few weeks to see if XLN have any news on forthcoming XO updates, if not I may jump ship (or maybe just have both :-)!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Probably spent less than 30 minutes with it and didn't open the manual (is there one?) and far so good. The sequencer is fun and easy to use. Just wish it had things like [and please correct me if I'm wrong, only just started playing with it] probability, stutter repeats, modulation of sample parameters, and bigger things like multiple patterns, and using keys to trigger patterns. But at least we can export MIDI easily enough and handle that in the DAW.

Creating a random kit has too long a lag.

The UI is excellent, and overall very easy to use.

Definitely prefer this to XO at the moment. Is there a way to get the XO samples in there without resampling the whole lot myself? Hate proprietary formats. Say what you will about FXpansion and Geist, but those .wav files it ships with work everywhere.

And then a second after posting that it crashed Reaper.

I was still building up a huge sample map and playing back audio at the same time, but if you're going to let me do stuff like that, don't crash. ;)

JK
edit....

yeah it seemed like it was slow when loading new drum kits, but that's only for non downloaded samples from Atlas. It's slow while it quickly downloads samples. Using on drive samples it's instant.

rodanmusic wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:42 am JK
edit....

yeah it seemed like it was slow when loading new drum kits, but that's only for non downloaded samples from Atlas. It's slow while it quickly downloads samples. Using on drive samples it's instant.
Good catch, i have to check this.

One thing I dislike is you can only nudge all notes. But as you can see feature requests are exploding, maybe leaving it minimal is best. Else you end up with Geist 3 :D. On the other hand, if you add a step sequencer maybe make it fully featured? You know what has a really really useful sequencer? DrumComputer!

(bit of a different thing but:) Everytime I think about these things I come to the conclusion to realize how useful Studio One's Impact XT is. When I was using only S1, I thought its woefully underfeatured but its actually pretty good.

Hi I was trying to utilize the Import MIDI function but found that Atlas2 didn't allow me to drag an MIDI clip onto it. It always shows a prohibition indicator for this action. Does anyone success with importing & saving MIDI clips?

Sequencer: Import MIDI
Drag-drop a MIDI drum beat onto the Sequencer to load it. Unlike typical drum step-sequencers the original timing of the beat is preserved.

^ - Quick check - seems to work fine - haven't found any that weren't allowed yet...

EDIT
No sooner than :lol:
some from Twiddly Beats not allowed - copyright stop? :o
NEXT level check - type zero midi file that fails

found Twiddly Beats Type 1 that won't load and other type 0 that DO load so haven't seen the distinction... :? - copyright stop?

FINAL FWIW:
Studio One will load that Twiddly Beats Type 1 and audition it on Atlas :!:

Overall think Atlas2 is a HUGE upgrade and will be using it more than ever. :party:

Yeah, I do!
I've sent off an email to see if I can get it sorted, but no reply yet.
Trial version asked for my login details, which I entered, then I was shown an error message (connection error from memory) then when I retried to activate got the 'No way, sucker! You've used your trial activation already' message.

ab_sourd wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:10 am Does somebody have a problem with activating a demo version? For some reason it says that I've already used my trial period.

Edit: everything is working fine now.

Atlas dev here!

* PayPal has been added to the shop payment options.
* The delay when hitting New Kit on the Algonaut map is the map samples downloading. Click the cloud icon in the bottom-left of the map to download all the samples at once. New Kit will be instant after that.
* Embarrassing bug with the MIDI file import... the 'MID' file extension needs to be lowercase for it to load. I've fixed this and will push it out next week.
* There was a bug within the first 2 hours of release where some trials weren't working but that's been fixed.
* Algonaut is based in New Zealand so if you don't get a response straight away it might be time zone differences. Also a major release like this just makes for super busy times!
* Parameter Automation is definitely coming in a free 2.x update. I've coded a lot of this but didn't quite get it finished in time for the 2.0 release.

About the Sononym type feature requests, I would love to add some more audio analysis features in. Once the dust settles I'll be looking into this more.

Welcome Matt (no pun intended)!

I hope you'd consider some long-term feature requests for Atlas like:

- More Sequencer Patterns
- Ability to trigger different patterns with MIDI keys
- Sequencer step FX's: basically use that same expanded velocity view but have a dropdown to flip between velocity and options like step probability, nudge step forward/backwards in time, ratchet/repeat/flam step, etc.
- Parameter modulation/LFOs - e.g. modulate the attack time by velocity or decay time via an LFO, modulate pitch with an expression controller, etc.

I'm not saying Atlas 3 needs to turn into Geist Lite or anything but...actually...no that would be pretty cool.

I'm still demoing the product, but I feel like I'm very likely to pull the trigger. Hope to see more good things from you in the future.

Return to “Instruments”