rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today is the live stream.

I'm looking forward to see what Predator 3 brings! I really should use Predator 2 more. It's great synth. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Amram wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:47 pm Today is the live stream.
Where? I don't see a hint.

PS. I just got a notification on my smartphone, can see the live stream on my phone. But I don't see anything on my desktop.
Last edited by MartyK on Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The GUI is looking nice.

The GUI is much MUCH better than Predator 2, but not as elegant as Predator 1. I would move the XY PAD under those dark tabs. For me it's a waste of space and almost as annoying as the constantly visible browser in Avenger. The dark panel with tabs looks squeezed and clattered now. I would extend this panel all the way to the left (in place of the XY PAD). The ARP still has only 1 "FREE" row for custom modulation. Why not make it possible to add/remove "FREE" rows as many as needed, and compensate with a dynamically appearing scrollbar? It would be possible to modulate many parameters at each step. Such a possibility for greatly expressive sequences... missed again!

AlienForce wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:07 pm The GUI is much MUCH better than Predator 2, but not as elegant as Predator 1. I would move the XY PAD under those dark tabs. For me it's a waste of space and almost as annoying as the constantly visible browser in Avenger. The dark panel with tabs looks squeezed and clattered now. I would extend this panel all the way to the left (in place of the XY PAD). The ARP still has only 1 "FREE" row for custom modulation. Why not make it possible to add/remove "FREE" rows as many as needed, and compensate with a dynamically appearing scrollbar? It would be possible to modulate many parameters at each step. Such a possibility for greatly expressive sequences... missed again!
Maybe send these good suggestions to rob papen i think he listens to feedback :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The Good:

Lighter panel design.
Changes in the displaying of filter 2.
New way in routing.
New knob design.

The Bad:

Oscillator: Light grey background display and red lines.

[ Alternative Approach ] Black glass like display with transparent vertical light fade using a pure white line rather than red.

Other thoughts:
Red on black is bad as it leads to a visual anomaly of floating images, but red on grey is not much better leading to poor contrast.

XY-Pad: Really seems that it takes up too much space.

[Alternative Approach]

Have 2 X/Y Pads in that area that allows control over parameters. ( One above each other) This doubles control functionality whilst making better use of space and will help re-balance the GUI.

Other thoughts:
The XY Pads should have the ability to be hidden from view and allow for another module to take its place, such as a piano display to show what keys are being used or / and a set of modulation macro knobs.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

It is a good update, but I expected much more!

I just skipped through the video. Did he mention an upgrade price at any point?

Lovely sounding synth as is Predator 2. The upgrade will probably be an insta buy. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I liked the new GUI, much more than these of Predator 1 and 2. But has the sound engine changed in any way? BTW, does it load older presets?

the preset morph looks intresting

Rob said in the stream that the sound engine was slightly changed, it was partly taken code from BIT (the newer Rob Papen synth). Rob also said in the video that Predator 3 probably sounds a little brighter than Predator 2. But you certainly have to listen very carefully, I could not hear anything special in the video.
New filter types (zero delay) have been added, so it's not just a tidier GUI. If I understood correctly, he will make another video/stream about Predator 3 (currently there are still some bugs in the GUI that he wants to fix first).

4damind wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:35 am New filter types (zero delay) have been added, so it's not just a tidier GUI.
That's good, the original Predator filters sounded okay, but not particularly analog, especially in comparison with the newer VA offerings. I like the new GUI as well, might upgrade because of the new Predator alone.

Check out the patch "067 Lead Serieus" in the "Classic Synth 01" bank for Predator 2. Sounds very analog to me.

But I appreciate Predator's lovely digital vibe, not everything has to be VA. Some of the sounds in the Predator 3 video have a very nice "Ensoniq" vibe to them like at the 14:58 mark of the video but then that patch is in P2 as well "Bell2 VoiceSynth". Very lovely stuff....

Really looking forward to P3. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”