Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Does anyone know why the mini korg installer is close to 1GB?

At a guess, same as with Arturia: fancy GUI pictures

Hi Gang

What is the difference between the programs/combos in the Triton of Korg Collection 2 (with all expansions), and Triton Extreme in Korg Collection 3?

Thanks.

Stupid question maybe, but I just don’t get the upgrading? Could someone explain? :scared: So I got the M1 (not the M1 Le) - but there’s no special offer for me, if I want the full collection?

Considering just the ARP ODYSSEY and/or the Polysix at this point. But then again later, I still get no possibility for upgrading?
And since the plug-ins “software products cannot be transferred” I would be stuck with two or more of the same license? :dog:

Pretty much. AFAIK there are no collection upgrade deals available from individual instrument licenses apart from going from the M1 Le, probably because that was usually part of a hardware bundle.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

LoopyFruit wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:48 pmWhat is the difference between the programs/combos in the Triton of Korg Collection 2 (with all expansions), and Triton Extreme in Korg Collection 3?
The difference is they are different. The Triton WIKI lists they main differences in banks the Extreme had vs Studio, but in the main, they took a few EXB's complete, and select patches of other ones and built them into the new Factory library.

So the Factory presets will be a mix of the previous Triton Studio presets, and the included EXB's, possibly renamed or tweaked, and possibly some new ones.

Any more detail, and you'd need someone to make a 1:1 list of the thousands of presets to see which instruments each preset was included on, and I doubt anyone's going to do that...

I think the Triton Extreme plugin is a bit of a weird one. Yes, they could bang it out quickly as it's essentially the existing Triton reskinned and with a different selection of PCM/preset data and a tube & DAC emulation, but whether that was worth a whole separate plugin I'm not sure... there wasn't that much difference in sound and presets between them, and the differences are more obvious with the hardware, where one of the Extreme's selling points was the EXB expansion data now included, none of which was included with the Triton Studio keyboard (it was all optional extra stuff, but is all included with the plugin, of course.)

Good news — Korg Support sent me a coupon code for my combined Legacy Collection and ARP Odyssey licenses, and I was able to get the Special Bundle upgrade to Korg Collection 3. Anyone else in this situation with multiple separate licenses should contact support. It took them about four business days to get back to me.
Stormchild

Four days and two tickets later, here's what they say in reply to my inquiry re: the old KLC-DE+Triton:
Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, registered products are not enough to qualify for the upgrade.
You will only be eligible for the upgrade if you have the Special Bundle equivalent or higher of the old KLC series.
And my followup:
If that's the case, I'll pass. Hope at some point you'll figure out this is a huge marketing blunder, especially since you're basically stating that if I buy the plugins one by one, I might never qualify for the next Collection upgrades, unless I pay full price every time.

I mean, I could drop 40-something Euros on a Nanokey and get a M1 LE license to upgrade, but this time around I'm more inclined to voice my disappointment by voting with my wallet.

Thank you for getting back to me, anyway. Not the reply I was hoping for.
I hate being harsh, at the same time I can't help but thinking Korg's policy for upgrades is schizophrenic, especially if you consider i did buy a partial bundle, which back then amounted to roughly half the available plugins, except by the third time they changed their licensing policy, it wasn't a bundle anymore.

Oh well, sorry for venting; pity because I'm in love with the MiniKorg.

--
Marco

We went through all this last time, didn't you learn? I did and instead of cherry-picking, I spent a few extra bucks and got the whole collection. IIRC, Korg did suggest this to me but it made sense. I think it was $69 for Odyssey or $149 for the whole collection during the launch offer. Or something like that. I already had Mono/Poly and PolySix but that didn't cut the mustard with them then, either.
Norqa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:59 pmThe MiniKorg has a lot of character.
Finally Korg is getting around to the idea if they don't exploit their legacy someone else will.
Right because they didn't release the original Legacy Collection 17 years ago, complete with a miniaturised MS-20 as a MIDI controller. Oh, wait...

... Yes, they did.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Hi to all
I have a fast I7 computer just for music with 32 gig ram on Win 10 and Cubase 11.
Does anyone find that the Mini Korg is way to processor hungry
On certain sounds testing , my computer saw red. Most intense sounds on half to three quarter cpu.
Surely this should not happen as all my Arturia collection is just on a quarter Cpu on the Cubase scale.
At the moment it seems that this new Mini Korg needs a Quantum computer to run.
The phrophecy and Triton Extreme are low on cpu for me.
Any thoughts welcome

All the Best
john S :?

Haven't had any problems on my 10th Gen Core i7 (10510U). It uses more than Prophecy but less than ARP Odyssey.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I wonder. Triton Extreme plugin has no Romance Layers combi, while the Triton plugin has it. A real Triton Extreme has Romance Layers combi. What's the deal?

Romance Layers is there. Bank H first patch.

You know you can search patches by name in the browser, too?

hi Bones
I turned the internet off and Norton and the Mini korg is ok , but does go to just over half way on some sounds.
I do agree that the Arp Odessy has a few sounds that are of the scale.
Arturia though is only a quarter processor intense compared with korgs new creations except the phophecy and Triton Extreme

All the best
John

There is a Bank (F) in the Triton eXtreme with Z1 sounds.This are still missing in the plugin.
My question is why Korg?And the pcg import is not included so please update this in the future.
I want a complete Triton where I can import my old patches. :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpxQ1M-hp_s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o51nnzIl4pQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rti3919B9QU
Last edited by OrionAlpha101 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”