Cherry Audio Releases Quadra Synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRAF
8750 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:23 am

It's fun having all the splits. I could set up similar in Unify already, but feels more organic on this and I like how you can route the effects around with button clicks.
Having the arp limited to the lead synth is quirky and in fact this feels a very quirky unit. Closest thing to I've tried is the UVI Super 7, a soft synth recreation of the old Roland MKS-7 which had four distinct instruments in one.

I get big Joy Division/New Order vibes from some of the pads when you combo up the poly and strings.

KVRist
206 posts since 6 Jul, 2019

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:37 am

Got it for 20 Euro. Buy the Synth Stack 2 if you already have the other synths.

KVRist
44 posts since 12 Dec, 2010

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:05 pm

A major disappointment for me: the LFO vibrato should have either a delayed onset like the original, or the means to adjust the onset like the ARP 3620 keyboard. This is a major blow to recreating the Lead section of the Quadra authentically.

User avatar
KVRist
413 posts since 28 Jul, 2003 from Poland

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:09 pm

Boring synth. Same boring sound.

User avatar
KVRer
9 posts since 19 Jan, 2021 from United Kingdom

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:06 pm

FotoxBr wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:37 am
Got it for 20 Euro. Buy the Synth Stack 2 if you already have the other synths.
How did you do that? I have the DCO and the Mercury but don't seem to have a different price. Do you have to have ALL of the others?

KVRist
206 posts since 6 Jul, 2019

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:33 pm

splink wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:06 pm
FotoxBr wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:37 am
Got it for 20 Euro. Buy the Synth Stack 2 if you already have the other synths.
How did you do that? I have the DCO and the Mercury but don't seem to have a different price. Do you have to have ALL of the others?
Yes I have all the other synths from that stack already. It is just the price that showed up for me for the Synth 2 stack, while if I would buy the Quadra alone , it would cost me $39 ???

User avatar
KVRAF
2640 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:36 pm

Weird...I own everything else, but my upgrade price is $77.

KVRian
887 posts since 29 May, 2011 from Germany

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:46 pm

My upgrade price is $76.67.
I own DCO-106, CA-2600, PS-20 and Mercury-4.
These $76.67 would get me the Polymode, Memorymode, Eight Voice, and Quadra...
... sounds about right.
Last edited by epiphaneia on Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
206 posts since 6 Jul, 2019

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:47 pm

JonSolo wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Weird...I own everything else, but my upgrade price is $77.
That seems unreasonable since the Quadra is only $39 right now.

KVRist
421 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Most create account. A big no no :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh:

User avatar
KVRian
964 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:56 pm

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:23 am
It's fun having all the splits. I could set up similar in Unify already, but feels more organic on this and I like how you can route the effects around with button clicks.
Completely agree and I personally felt kind of the same with the Eight Voice.
I tried setting up something similar with other synths, but the experience doesn't really get close.
Both have very original and quite unique architectures.

I really like this Quadra plugin. The multi-output was a nice surprise, the paraphonic nature is something which has been growing on me and I'm not getting from most other vintage emulations.
This is another Cherry plugin I'm glad to get after the Eight Voice (not counting Voltage...)

KVRist
434 posts since 10 Jan, 2008

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:04 pm

My upgrade price to Synth Stack 2 is $77.80, and I also have all the other synths. That did not make sense to me until I discovered that I would go from Voltage Modular Ingnite to Modular Core plus Electro Drums as well, which would make Quadra $27.80. I don't need Core right now so I think I'm gonna use my DeluxeBucks on Quadra alone...

User avatar
KVRAF
5947 posts since 9 Jan, 2003 from Saint Louis MO

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:07 pm

This one definitely has character. The limits and quirkiness are kind of a strength IMHO. There's some good stuff for ambient here and some nice retro vibes. This is the closest I've been tempted to picking up a Cherry Audio synth.

I just need to decide if it makes sense for me personally. Going to be playing with it some more tonight for sure.

User avatar
KVRAF
2640 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:07 pm

kylie wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:04 pm
My upgrade price to Synth Stack 2 is $77.80, and I also have all the other synths. That did not make sense to me until I discovered that I would go from Voltage Modular Ingnite to Modular Core plus Electro Drums as well, which would make Quadra $27.80. I don't need Core right now so I think I'm gonna use my DeluxeBucks on Quadra alone...
And THAT might be it for me...though I really thought I had Core. Good to know.

User avatar
KVRAF
16439 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:18 pm

BrokenTrance wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:52 pm
Most create account. A big no no :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh:
Certainly everybody has junk email addresses for such accounts? If it's a company I probably won't do business with I just tell them my name is Nunya Bidness and give them a fake physical address.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”