Midi File Player?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,Is there a prog that will play midi files,like it does for audio files,within my sequencer? :?:

Silly answer maybe: the sequencer itself :P

Otherwise just use Windows Media Player (outside the sequencer)

C00kie wrote:Silly answer maybe: the sequencer itself :P

I see what you mean.But I was after a prog that plays the midi files as my sequencer plays my audio files.

C00kie wrote:Silly answer maybe: the sequencer itself :P

Windows Media Player dosen't play midi files!?

Don't know about Media Player but WinAmp does.

I think I know what you mean. That you want the midi files to play as you hear them in winamp/media player. Wouldn't importing the midi file into a new sequencer project then just copying/pasting the tracks into your existing project be sufficient? I think you'd have to set the output of each track to your soundcard's internal sound module/Microsoft GS wavetable synth/whatever you usually use though.

Media Player does play midi files by the way.

A related question (if I may ask) :

There are many great MIDI tracks of Scott Joplin which I want to hear with a good sampled piano in a sample-player.

However I don't want to have my bulky sequencer to run for this.

Is there a MIDI-file player that can be loaded in Chainer together with sfz and have it run many MIDI-songs in an uninterrupted sequence?
Or perhaps a MIDI-file player that can output MIDI to MIDI-OX that will send it to Chainer?

So in short:
1. An automatic sequence of songs, instead of one at a time.
2. Triggering a VST-sampleplayer.

Thanks for any tips.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

well, those modern bulky sequencers with audio, virtual instruments and other sh1t are built just for that...

!to play a midi and produce a sound from sound module!

bMachine wrote:well, those modern bulky sequencers with audio, virtual instruments and other sh1t are built just for that...

!to play a midi and produce a sound from sound module!
You mean to say "there are no simpler solutions than using a sequencer host" ?

B.T.W. which sequencer can handle playlists?

Try http://www.vanbasco.com/ is a nice Midi and Karaoke player, and you have control in realtime of pitch, volume and solo-muting.
This other http://www.neutrio.com/megamid/ is also good, and allow you patch changes.
luck!

For a simple MIDI player vst plug
you could check Jaltoh's plugins page.
Don't really know if it suits your needs.

tl.

Thanks, I'll check out Jaltoh's Midplayer to see what I can do with it.

PeeBs wrote:Hi,Is there a prog that will play midi files,like it does for audio files,within my sequencer? :?:
WTF.
Can you actually tell me for what you need an extra prog, that plays your MIDI files while your "sequencer" plays audio files?

What do you actually understand under "sequencer", and what is finally the purpose for such a strange external "stacked" program connection?

I don't even understand the purpose of a "MIDI player VST plugin".

My fave midi player is the Noteworthy Player that comes with Noteworthy Composer but that can also be downloaded on its own free. It shows the notation as its playing.

http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/composer/download.htm

I think I know what he wants - better sound from his soundcard while playing MIDI-Files. there was a GM module from Edirol or Yamaha that integrated like a sound card in windows, don't remember the name now.

Return to “Instruments”