How many VSTs have your projects ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

5 - 12 synths, and 30+ fx. Hardstyle and Hardcore over here.

Cheers

12-16 instruments, cause then my cpu can keep up anymore :cry:

Current song uses 19 Vsti plus internal eq and fx from Nuendo. 10 of the VSti are Z3ta+ :-o

it all really depends on the song

I've wrote songs that took only one or two synths and a delay..

and I've wrote songs that have taken 25+ synths and a mound of fx plugins..

usually its a happy medium between those..

I'd love to go further.. but thats all my aging 2000+ can handle..

usually though I might have synths with one patch used once for fx though.. lots of those.. so they really fill the spaces..

I write Neptarian Space Sonatas... Aldebaran Polka is too complicated for me to write..

ORION DrumRack - 2 [one for drums, one for movie samples]
Bass Synths - 1 or 2
Lead/Arp - 1 or 2
Pad - maybe 1 Sampler or UltranWMS
Send FX - 1 x Reverb, 1 x Diffuse Delay, 1 x Distortion [all ORION native]
Insert FX - rarely more than 2 or 3, usually distortion [usually ORION native]

We are CYBERpunk!

Older songs tend to use more instruments but with our current crop of instruments I find I am usually able to get the huge sound I want from fewer synths. One of the biggest sounding tracks on our new album only uses 3 synths and one of them only in the break. I use effects only when necessary [including on-board effects] - I prefer to have a usable sound in the first place as it generally makes for easier and clearer mixes.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

ambient bollocks-usually no less than 5 delays pers ound,plus a number of other fx too
as for synths n stuff it can vary between 1 or two for really minimal stuff to 3 or four for less minimal stuff and occassionally more for non minimal stuff.
sall about the sound no rules just add till its ready :D

we stratopunk, we vst.

I mainly do audio recordings with percussions, bass, voice and telecaster + a little drumprogramming. So it´s mostly vst-fxs and only 3-5 Vst-Instruments.
Sometimes I get carried away using FX, but after listening to it after a nights sleep, I often come back to the original recording.
I try to keep it simple, wich is the best you can do when you´r into Hardcore-Speedmetall-Lambada.
- deliberately uncool -

Chris Berlin wrote: Hardcore-Speedmetall-Lambada.

:hihi:

I use enough VStIs to deplete the 'freeze' substance that's available in my fridge. My DAW is happy though. :roll:

Return to “Instruments”