your go-to plugin for bass?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been pleased with EastWest Real Bass samples and vsampler. I'm surprised too because I do not like Real Drums from them at all. However I am a straght forward rocker, I don't use much electronic sounding bass, I go more for the clean Jazz bass through and svt sound. These samples do this well and I like the variations like slides, effects and harmonics it comes with for it's three sampled basses (Jazz, Ibanez and a Warwick fingerless). Also the multi-velocity samples are good because withut chaging volume the lower velocities creat the pop and stops in slap bass. Before that I used either a common free font called natural basses and 4front... :D
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Well, we've Geoff Khan's next sampleset to look forward to, if you're after sampled bass :D.

Jeez wrote:But consider that for those prices I can get top-shelf software. :?

Forever,

Kim.
Actually I know where you can get a Wavestation AD for $400 @ the moment in Melbourne (insane really) :-o ..............

Where exactly is that?

PS: Go Demons!

Bass is definately still a hardware thing for me.

*Sometimes* I will lash together a bass sound using Creamware synth modules. Generally, the Creamware synths still seem to have more kick and cut than native stuff.

But for the ultimate bass smash, I still find myself plugging in a few of the old faithfuls.

Minimoog, Juno 106, D-50, DX-7, K-5000...

...sometimes the whole bleeding lot together. :hihi:

I am sooooo VSTi challenged it is quite sad. :roll:
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders - Lao Tzu

I recently got my hands on a boxed copy of BassStation for AUD$70, which I'm pretty impressed with. Not sure that I would have shelled out RRP for it though :)

Linplug Alpha has a wide range of presets that can be auditioned and tweaked. For something more meaty, I'll jump to either Symptohm, or use Tau Pro (or something equally "bassy") and run it through Quad Frohmage (yum).

Vorn.

not a vst but the juno 106 delivers the goods every time .
Neil G (Paper,SOWAT,motion,phobic,left minded,hawt,LA)

www.hawtmusic.com

FSM Infector a subtractive synth for buzz :)

I'd have to agree vsti's arn't really up to proper bass just yet... especially at 44khz at 96khz there IS a difference, bt I'm not going to open that flame monster :D

Analog bass rocks or at least non transposed multi samples of analog bass.

I have got some old fashioned pieces of hardware laying about. Could I get good bass out of the following crappy synths:

radio shack mg1
syntecno teebee
roland sh2
tx81z
waldorf pulse

ive found the linplug alpha to do very good bass.

Notron User wrote:I have got some old fashioned pieces of hardware laying about. Could I get good bass out of the following crappy synths:

radio shack mg1
syntecno teebee
roland sh2
tx81z
waldorf pulse
The Pulse, TX81z and the SH-2 are some of the best bass synths around! You're sitting on a goldmine! :o If you don't want those "crappy" synths I'd be glad to buy them from you :)

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein

iblit
bazzoid
impOSCar
Minimonsta

Wow. There are so many good suggestions here I have no idea what to do with them. I am just going to try and grab all the freebies.
impOSCar I have been thinking about getting just because I love the demo's people have done and some of the stuff people have made with it.
SS2 I have also been thinking about for the pad sounds (SS2 free= :love: pads) but not really for bass.
Minimonsta was just decent from what I heard, but I could be wrong.
I had always heard Alpha was good for soft leads, but what do I know?
Jeez, share some of your software magic with me! I can't coax a decent bass sound out of iblit or many other freebies when I try! :cry: The closest I have gotten to a bass sound I have designed myself I like is one in Reason's Subtractor. You can dl it here.
I'm warning you, you may not like.

Don't think I'm trolling, but...
Game & Fish Magazine wrote:BIG TROLLING PLUGS

Big wood or plastic trolling plugs have been used for a long time by a few serious bass anglers, but the most recent of these are the big plugs and lures for striped bass. A number of these large lures are hand-crafted items made in small numbers by entrepreneurial anglers and distributed locally in the West where Florida-strain largemouth exist.
ImageA very alluring plug indeed --
For the wealthiest bass only!

Return to “Instruments”