what sound is this?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings users

Im currently trying to track this synth/brass sound down. It arrives at 0:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmXnQV-64xU

Anyone who can hear what it might be? Or something similar?

best
Frederik

it's some sort of brass instrument.
Download a few brass instruments and put a lowpass filter on it
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Hey Choos. Thanks for reply. Yes I figured that out my self ;). But I could more guidance on the sound. It sounds very FMish.

To me this sounds very much like a saxophone (is it not?) and saxophones are considered hardest (but also very interesting as a tough challenge) to emulate on synths.
I'm not sure if it's an alto saxophone?
(What a strange coincidence. I was just listening to Candy Dulfer some minutes ago...)
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

I think it's one of these:
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Id say its an alto sax.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Okay yes. It sounds very much like an alto sax with lots of reverb. thank you peeps :)

juno987654321 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:22 pm To me this sounds very much like a saxophone (is it not?) and saxophones are considered hardest (but also very interesting as a tough challenge) to emulate on synths.
I'm not sure if it's an alto saxophone?
(What a strange coincidence. I was just listening to Candy Dulfer some minutes ago...)
Hehe nice. didnt know this music, just checked it out. very groovy and saxo:)

Discogs wrote: Quiet Force – Two Worlds

Credits
Bass [Funk Bass] – Francino (2)
Cymbal [Class Cymbals Ufip], Drums [Remo], Producer, Mixed By – Dirk Schroeter
Design [Coverdesign] – Michael Weisser
Engineer – Massimo Caso
Executive-Producer – Mark Sakautzky, Sergio Pisano
Guitar – Michael Bartel, Steve Wieters
Harp – Vincenzo Zitello
Keyboards, Synthesizer, Guitar, Bass [Rockinger Fretless Bass], Producer, Mixed By, Vocals – Steven Toeteberg
Percussion – Sergio Borê*
Performer [Screams & Snaps] – Marcello (19)
Photography By [Steve Toeteberg Photo] – Friedrun Reinhold
Producer, Mixed By, Engineer – Attilio Casati
Saxophone – Amedeo Bianchi
Trumpet – Demo Morselli
Vocals – Audrey Motaung, Britt Peters, Simon (59)
Voice [Voices] – Abdou (6), Christine (48), Giovanni (19), Nick "The Nightfly"*, Pilar
95% sure it's played by a saxophonist, could be an alto sax.
But it also reminds me of the Steiner Ewi + Oberheim Xpander as played by Michael Brecker on the album Magnetic by Steps Ahead.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfgoLMz2ewc

Very interesting indeed! I didn't know this instrument.
It's something like a universal valve instrument (wind/brass) but it can also play any other sounds just like a keyboard, from synth sounds to sampled sounds of classical instruments.

Nevertheless, the real saxophone has its own charm that it would never lose I think, even though they have come close to emulating it almost perfectly for keyboards + tools like breath controllers...
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

Thats definitely a type of saxophone, not entirely sure which however

Thank you for all the good suggestions. I think its a synth sound more than a real saxo. It seems synthethic in its wave form and the way it has its tail (sustain etc..)

Sounds like a real sax for sure. Crazy amount of reverb on it.

Return to “Sound Design”