How to use Hardware Reverb with DAW?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

theEmbark wrote:Thanks for the post,

How do I go about a installing the VST?
Instructions start on page 41 of the manual. Works great on my setup. :tu:

Thank you :D.

So I already have the drivers installed. Now I am trying to figure out the proper config inside Cubase.

I can see the MX300 in my device setup.

Next I jumped into my VST connections and external effects. And add a new external effect.

What I don't understand is how you are able to do this with just a USB cable. Because it needs the I/O right?

Thanks,
Kevin
Win 7 | Dual Xeon x5680 | 48 GB RAM | Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha HS50 monitors |Cubase 8.5 Pro|
Kevin DiGennaro

Yep, you need audio out to the MX300 and back in to the audio interface. Any two assignable outputs will do, they don't have to be sends. And then you set up an audio track to record the reverb audio back from the MX300.

With the vst extension, you don't need to set up an External FX. There should be a vst/au version of the MX300 in your plugins folder. The vst/au looks just like the front panel of the MX300. And you can control the MX300 from the plugin: change presets, tweak parameters, control automation, etc. It works exactly like any other plugin at that point.
Last edited by RichieWitch on Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RichieWitch wrote:Yep, you need audio out to the MX300 and back in to the audio interface. Any two assignable outputs will do, they don't have to be sends. And then you set up an audio track to record the reverb audio back from the MX300.
Thanks for the clarification,

That's what I thought and then got confused :p.

I'm going to go ahead and utilize the digital I/O. I think it's a good way to use them up.

Thanks,
Kevin
Win 7 | Dual Xeon x5680 | 48 GB RAM | Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha HS50 monitors |Cubase 8.5 Pro|
Kevin DiGennaro

Check my edit above about External FX vs plugin. Looks like you're still missing the plugin for the MX300.

RichieWitch wrote:Check my edit above about External FX vs plugin. Looks like you're still missing the plugin for the MX300.
Thanks for the update, we most have posted at the same time :-).

Yeah I can't seem to find the vst. I installed the mixedit software so it should be on here. I might just need to find it on my computer. Might be on another hard drive now that I am thinking.

Thanks again,
Kevin
Kevin DiGennaro

Hi resurrecting an old thread here, I recently bought an MX200 hardware reverb I too am having trouble finding the plug in to load up in Logic Pro X? I downloaded the MX edit software when I try to load this app it crashes. I downloaded Jbridge which allows 32bit apps to run on 64bit architecture. Would love to know a simple way to get this routed into Logic via Spdif?

Jbridge won’t let you run 32-bit in Catalina and above.
The routing via Spdif is straight just send spdif out to spdif in and the reverb in-between... The plugin is just a remote btw. It should work without as well. Just edit on the machine...
But isn’t a cable already more expensive than let say Dragonfly reverb or Orilriver? They both sound better than an old MX 200 too...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”