Behringer D Synth - Full Analog, Eurorack compatible, No Keys, 400$

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that might as well be the same sound played at different octaves

thecontrolcentre wrote:
chk071 wrote:
NEOREV wrote:The Behringer D is now $300!!!

Preorders are up, due in September...
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BehringerD
They quickly took it off the net again. When they saw this post. :P
Sold out already?
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2017/06/ ... ers-taken/
Behringer Drop Model D Price To $299 - Pre-orders Taken
Available September 28/06/17

Behringer Drop Model D Price To $299 - Pre-orders Taken

Its hotting up in the 3 Osc monosynth market. Roland's recent SE-02 - the Boutique collaboration between Studio Electronics and themselves sees a true analog mono at at $499. We excpected the Model D from Behringer, the unashamedly Minimoogey (is that a word?) clone was originally priced at $399.

Well it seems that Behringer have managed to figure out a way to drop the price by 25% now offering it, according to the Sweetwater.com pre-order page at a rather competitive $299. Hard to imagine that its possible to make something so analog at this price. But thats the economics of scale presumably.

Just to recap, the Behringer Model D caused a bit of a storm by basically copying the as they see it out of copyright circuit designs of the Minimoog Model D and adding a few other aspects, such as CV and MIDI i/o, extra LFO. Opinions are split on whether this is okay or not, but even if its not a perfect audio recreation of the classic, its still a reasonable amount of synth, especially at this new price.

So far we've only spotted preorders in the US, let us know if you see it anywhere else.

See our preview from Superbooth 2017

Preorders are being taken on the US giant retailer Sweetwater website at $299 with an expected arrival of September 2017.

Its hard to imagine that there won't be a ton of people taking a flier at this price.

More Information
UPDATE - the preorder page has been removed, but you can still preorder in the US by phone by calling 800-222-4700
Pre-orders only - likely offers expired, maybe

It sounds pretty good to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEsG0ycDDLk

[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

That's really close. Only slight differences. Surely not 3.000 € differences. :P Minimoog Model D maybe sounds a tad fatter even (or a bit louder just?). And a bit more "unstable", obviously.

Also makes me appreciate how nice Monark is, and how close to that it sounds.

If Jareth is talking it up, I'm definitely interested.
Wonder when we'll see them here Down Under?
Last edited by ftech on Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote:That's really close. Only slight differences. Surely not 3.000 € differences. :P Minimoog Model D maybe sounds a tad fatter even (or a bit louder just?). And a bit more "unstable", obviously.

Would prefer a 1:1 MIDI controller for Monark at this point haha
Duh

bungle wrote:
chk071 wrote:That's really close. Only slight differences. Surely not 3.000 € differences. :P Minimoog Model D maybe sounds a tad fatter even (or a bit louder just?). And a bit more "unstable", obviously.

:)

This thing should cover most of the controls, i think: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=486392 Not 1:1, but close...

I guess its like the difference between a Fender Strat MIA or MIM.
Some are happy to buy the cheaper Mexican manufactured guitar but others feel only the expensive American version will do, though most probably couldnt hear or feel the difference.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

chk071 wrote:
bungle wrote:

:)

This thing should cover most of the controls, i think: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=486392 Not 1:1, but close...
Not for me, i don't use Ableton or Logic, that thing will never get to market if it only supports those hosts anyway.
Duh

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I guess its like the difference between a Fender Strat MIA or MIM.
Some are happy to buy the cheaper Mexican manufactured guitar but others feel only the expensive American version will do, though most probably couldnt hear or feel the difference.
It's more like the difference between an Ibanez Tubescreamer and Joyo Vintage OD. Relatively minor component values aside the circuits are identical. If it's set the same, it is the same.

The reason to buy the Moog, other than prestige/history etc, is the tactile experience of the instrument.

I still maintain that if you could somehow give 2 identical musicians a Moog Model D and a Behringer, they would make quite different musical choices because of the interface differences.

Which makes the differences between MIA and MIM both smaller and bigger in my eyes! :tu:

What's the USB port for?

MIDI over USB, I would assume.

EvilDragon wrote:MIDI over USB, I would assume.
Perhaps they'll also do a preset manager/editor ala Deepmind.

db3 wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:MIDI over USB, I would assume.
Perhaps they'll also do a preset manager/editor ala Deepmind.
That is impossible on an analog driven synth. :)
The only thing that is digital in the Behringer is its MIDI to CV circuit.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”