2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just ordered a heavy duty Z style stand for my Yamaha MX61. Had it on an X stand for some time, but hate how it's always seemed not quite stable enough on it. I guess the old one is heading to Goodwill once the new one arrives...
Sweet child in time...

Woohoo! Finally got my act together and ordered my patchbay label; I needed to finalise all the wiring first.

Next up will be the one for the FX, more synths and the mixer :hyper: I'm thinking of running my CV connections into one also :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I made a doo-doo.
Last edited by Kongru on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Kongru wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:58 am Quite a lot so far - but all stuff I've been wanting for years. u-he Diva, Presswerk, Bestservice Emotional Cello and Violin, as well as Fabfilter Q2, C, L and G.
hardware forum people, hardware forum!

:bang: :bang:

:cry:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Just took delivery of an Electro Harmonix Worm

I was particularly impressed to see that they put a small rubber worm in the box with the pedal!
Sweet child in time...

i love my worm :love:
don't use the wah so much, but the vibrato and phaser are cool, the trem too, but like the wah, i have those covered elsewhere.

I have a Dunlop Cry Baby for Wah, but this is very cool for auto wah at rates I can't manage with a manual wah.

The phaser is pretty good, and the main reason I went for this pedal is that I wanted a phaser but never understood the appeal of the one knob Phase 90 type pedal where all you can tweak is the rate. It really has a very cool 60s vibe to it, like a Uni-vibe.

I really like the fact that the tremolo cuts a lot of the bottom end, as that's exactly how I want a tremolo to sound.

As for the vibrato, it's maybe something I'm still looking for ways to use, but I'm sure it will figure its way into some things that I do.
Sweet child in time...

this year I will still get DSI OB-6

I just bought a set of angle brackets for my Uno. They are 3D printed thingies from eBay but they have a cut out for the back bit and everything -

I recently also bought a brilliant new keyboard stand to use on stage -

It's really light (3kg) and it folds up to almost nothing. (Someone at work thought it was a two-piece pool cue when it was packed away in it's bag.) I ordered a black one but they sent a red one. Oh, well, it will go nicely with the Uno brackets.

I'm not really planning on any actual hardware purchases this year but you never know...
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I just moved house and wanted something to hold my growing synth collection. Went for this one ...

Oh yeah ... picked one of these up too

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:36 pm I just moved house and wanted something to hold my growing synth collection. Went for this one ...
Welcome to the club :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I just found a pre-built system for sale that is in the same price as the PC i want to build from scratch.

It's a Ryzen 1950X 16 Core 32 Threads CPU
GTX 1080 TI x 2
Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram 2x16
960 PRO 2TB M2 SSD
WD 4TB Hard drive
EVGA 1600W Gold Rated PSU

I'm heavily debating whether or not to jump on this...
It kind of seems like a no brainer.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:25 am I just found a pre-built system for sale that is in the same price as the PC i want to build from scratch.

GTX 1080 TI x 2
960 PRO 2TB M2 SSD
WD 4TB Hard drive

For curiosity what do they want for this jewel? Sounds nice.

V0RT3X wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:25 am I just found a pre-built system for sale that is in the same price as the PC i want to build from scratch.

GTX 1080 TI x 2
960 PRO 2TB M2 SSD
WD 4TB Hard drive

Only thing I would say is that SLI is pretty much useless. It's not really supported
by anyone. Nvidia will provide a bunch of profiles that tell your GPU's how to render
frames (per game), but it's not really the same as a game specifically designed to take
advantage of it, and there are practically none of those.

Unless you plan to run multiple displays its mostly just a waste of money. Even then,
nowadays. Or if you are into performance scores. I have been running SLI configurations since
it's invention, it's been a disappointment more than anything. Likely, a single GPU 1 tier up will
out perform them. Just sayin...

*Mind you, it's not the technology, the idea is sound. It's just that the industry has never
been onboard with either SLI or Crossfire (or whatever). In fact, it causes me problems
particularly in regard to Audio production, where I have to disable it most of the time.
Last edited by pekbro on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

pekbro wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:29 am

GTX 1080 TI x 2
960 PRO 2TB M2 SSD
WD 4TB Hard drive

Only thing I would say is that SLI is pretty much useless. It's not really supported
by anyone. Nvidia will provide a bunch of profiles that tell your GPU's how to render
frames (per game), but it's not really the same as a game specifically designed to take
advantage of it, and there are practically none of those.

Unless you plan to run multiple displays its mostly just a waste of money. Even then,
nowadays. Or if you are into performance scores. I have been running SLI configurations since
it's invention, it's been a disappointment more than anything. Likely, a single GPU 1 tier up will
out perform them. Just sayin...
Well see if I buy it, I'm planning on mainly using it for Da Vinci Resolve Studio for editing 4K and 5K footage on. Right now Resolve doesn't take advantage of SLI, but in a future update it may so this is a pretty good deal in my eyes. I'll also be running Bitwig Studio and Ableton Live 10 on it along with my plug-in collection so i think it's a fairly decent system.

I'm not really going to be buying it for Gaming. Gaming is kind of a "Bonus" for me if I buy it at this point. Also I'm pretty happy playing SNES games on my FPGA emulator system rather than cutting edge AAA titles so that says it all :hihi:
:borg:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”