Solved Factory crashes Cubase on startup

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unfortunate start for this plugin !!!!

Factory demo crashes Cubase 8.5.15 Mac 10.9.5 on startup, never gets to open DAW. Tried rescan but crashes with plugin manager,

Same with Studio One 2.6.5
Last edited by woodsdenis on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Hi woodsdenis,

sorry to hear that! We've tested it here again and it works flawless.
Could you please check if this behaviour shows in the standalone version, too?
Have you already tried a simple reinstall?

Anyway, first I would recommend to do delete the Factory.vst file from the plugin folder Cubase/Studio One is using.
After deleting the file and before downloading and reinstalling the latest version of Factory please open Cubase/Studio One and close it again.

Default installation path for OS X:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/

If it's still not working, is there a specific error message?
Is there possibly a crashlog you could send us to figure out what's exactly going wrong?

Best,
Your Sugar Bytes team

Hi

did this

Restarted computer , fixed permissions.Deleted the Factory.vst file from the plugin folder Cubase/Studio One is using.
After deleting the file and before downloading and reinstalling the latest version of Factory please open Cubase/Studio One and close it again.
This time Cubase booted but Factory could not be found in the VST list, did a VST scan and crash. I have a crash log where do you want me to send it. There was a similar issue I had with Egoist a while ago , maybe related ?

Standalone works fine.

No issues with vst in Bitwig or Live 9.6
Mac Studio

thanks for the report!
Please send us the crashlog(s) to support@sugar-bytes.de

Best,
Your Sugar Bytes team

done
Mac Studio

I have a similar problem with Ableton using the demo. VST scan crashes it on startup. Ableton auto disables the vst when I restart, when I tried to load the AU Ableton crashes. The AU did work in Logic without any issues though.

Thanks guys works now
Mac Studio

OK I didn't notice the fixing steps from woodsdenis post above, repairing permissions and reinstalling seems to have fixed the issue. thanks!

1.0.1 Update is now live.

Fixes:
- FX instability fix
- clicks and pops fixes
- mono/mono-legato mode
- OSX 10.9 compatibility fix

Return to “Sugar Bytes”