A nod to Straightliner in EM

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EM features Straightliner as a "Download of the Month" in January. :)

http://emusician.com/download_of_the_month/

This prompted me to pop in here to see what's happening, and I am pleased to see a new version is due. I haven't registered yet, but will do so this week.

I've had the demo for a while, and I like the no-frills down-to-earth attitude of the synth and its developer. I like the numbers that tell me what is really happening when I move knobs, etc. And it sounds great!

Although Straightliner has been on my wishlist for awhile, I was distracted by all the hoopla surrounding Alchemy, Sylenth1 and other great software sales in December. Also, there seemed to be little activity in this forum. But now I see it is still being actively developed, so I am sure to buy it.

I wonder if you, Robin, have considered doing a Group Buy for it? LennarDigital had a pretty successful GB, and I wonder if you think that would be something to help get SL out to the masses, and increase your own apres-Christmas shopping funds? :)
Last edited by dburns on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Burns
Lowell, MA

More equipment than skill...

ahh damn....sorry - by mistake, i edited your original post when i actually wanted to reply with quote....me being a moderator here arranges the navigation/reply/etc. widgets differently. but in the quotes, i think the content of your original post is preserved :oops: embaressed....i should sleep more at night
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

EM features Straightliner as a "Download of the Month" in January. :)

http://emusician.com/download_of_the_month/
yeah, much thanks for pointing me to that. i was already aware of it though - but this can't really be taken for granted. i would have once missed a CM review wouldn't there have been a hint from a good KVR fellow 'dreaddd'. so - yeah, i do appreciate such hints/notifications very much
This prompted me to pop in here to see what's happening, and I am pleased to see a new version is due. I haven't registered yet, but will do so this week.
great, looking forward to welcome you as customer. new version is...approaching... a releasable state ....currently collecting demo-clips and have still to update the website.
I've had the demo for a while, and I like the no-frills down-to-earth attitude of the synth and its developer. I like the numbers that tell me what is really happening when I move knobs, etc.

ah, i hope you like the new GUI than too...it's a bit fancier from an artwork point of view as users seem to demand that. but the exactness was not sacrificed in the re-design (something which was of big concern to me).
And it sounds great!
yeaahh. thanks man. that's of course always the most important thing.
Although Straightliner has been on my wishlist for awhile, I was distracted by all the hoopla surrounding Alchemy, Sylenth1 and other great software sales in December. Also, there seemed to be little activity in this forum. But now I see it is still being actively developed, so I am sure to buy it.
oh yes. i actually have already even scheduled a v1.2. but for now, let's concentrate on getting v1.1 out - finally.
I wonder if you, Robin, have considered doing a Group Buy for it? LennarDigital had a pretty successful GB, and I wonder if you think that would be something to help get SL out to the masses, and increase your own apres-Christmas shopping funds? :)
just checked the Sylenth group buy thread over there at Lennard's forum. 598? wow - somesuch would feed me for some while. but then i think, in the long run a stable price without too much sales/group-buys/whatevers is fairer towards the early adopters, so i'm a bit sceptical about this. probably not anytime soon, at least
Last edited by Music Engineer on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

O.K. i think i restored the OP and put my reply now as third post.

It's fine. Thanks for the detailed reply!

:)
Dave Burns
Lowell, MA

I bought it today. Thanks for the speedy delivery!

I love the synth, but the new colors make it hard for me to work with. I've read that you will be doing something about that, and just want you to know that I am all for it! The old design, or perhaps something less jarring.

Thanks for a fine synth. I expect to use it a lot as I continue to learn how to program sounds for myself.

:)
Dave Burns
Lowell, MA

dburns wrote:I bought it today. Thanks for the speedy delivery!

I love the synth, but the new colors make it hard for me to work with. I've read that you will be doing something about that, and just want you to know that I am all for it! The old design, or perhaps something less jarring.
i'm thinking about something similar to the old design with black text on bright (white-ish) backgrounds, but with still having different colors for osc-section, filter and envelopes because someone told me that - with the flat color - the interface looks a bit unstructured. alas, at the moment, it looks rather bad together with the new font (and reverting to the old font as well is not that easy, because i also use another font-rendering now). i hope that i can come up with something soon
Thanks for a fine synth. I expect to use it a lot as I continue to learn how to program sounds for myself.
i wish you good luck with your exploration of the world of sound design - i'm myself also still exploring and that will probably never end. at some stage, i want to establish some area on the website where users can share their sounds, so if you come up with some nice patches, that would be most welcome. but note: with getting into sound-design you are in serious danger to forget about making music :hihi: ... but then, i actually regard a good patch also as a kind of composition - a compostion on a more microscopic level

Return to “rs-met”