EngineersFilter bandpass 'denormal' problem in Cubase 6?

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Has anyone experienced a problem with EngineersFilter whereby the ASIO meter in Cubase 6 x64 (jBridged) peaks into the red and stays there when using EF in bandpass mode?

Using the other modes, low cut etc, causes no issues.

Very nice product otherwise, thank you!!

Cheers,

Juho.
It'll be alright in the mix!

hmm - i can imagine that my current denormal-avoidance method fails for some specific settings. can you save a setting where this occurs to a preset and post it here?
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Greetings, Robin,

EngineersFilter inserted on a VST Instrument track in Cubase 6.0.5. x64 (using jBridge) overloads Cubase ASIO meter into the red A: when play is stopped, B: when the particular track is not playing (no midi data) whilst other tracks are playing. In the case of B, the cursor in Cubase keeps moving as normal but there is no audio.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is one lot of settings but the issue exists with any other bandpass settings when using the Bessel method:

Mode: Bandpass

Frequency: 150Hz

Bandwidth: 4.00 oct

Method: Bessel (this seems to be the cause of the problem)

Order: 20

This issue is comletely reproducable, and as I wrote before, the other modes are fine.
Perhaps this is an issue only when using jBridged EF in a 64bit environment and host?

My system:

Cubase 6 x64

Windows 7 Pro x64 on Crucial M4-CT128M4SSD2

ASUS P5E mobo - Q6600 - 8GB RAM

Echo layla 3G with latest drivers

ASUS HD 6570 PCIe (graphics card)

UAD2 x 1

Cheers,

Juho.

Juho wrote:This issue is comletely reproducable, and as I wrote before, the other modes are fine.
Perhaps this is an issue only when using jBridged EF in a 64bit environment and host?
well, at least it seems not to be reproducible over here on my setup (still using the old WinXP and VSTHost). however, i'm planning to do the switch to native x64 support soon anyway. i already have the Win7 x64 disc on my shelf, but did not yet dare to install - i currently have dual-boot with WinXP/Ubuntu and ideally would like to have triple-boot then ...and this is all a bit daunting to do especially when i have work to do on this machine. i'm not particularly fond of all this installation and configuration stuff. however - at some point next year, the switch to x64 shall happen (i'll probably drop x86 support then). maybe the issue will go away then.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

No problem, Robin.

I love EF's steep low cut and use it quite a bit on individual tracks as well as groups, does a great job!

I look forward to your 64bit EF.

All the best,

Juho.

P.S. you'll love W7 when you get your head around it, if you have'nt already;).

Return to “rs-met”