FR: Nodes and Values

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't think these can be done already, so please correct me if there is a way.

1. When using XY pads sometimes I want to move the node just vertically or only horizontally, is it possible to have a modifier key that can lock the movement to one direction?

2. When using the custom shape editor (all plugins) sometime I want to input a value for a nod. Would it be possible to shift+Click to open pop up box to input a value?

Thanks.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

1. Hold down the Alt key before clicking on the dot. This will constrain the movement to either up/down or left/right. But it's awkward. The movement is often not in the dimension you want and I never figured out how to get it to respond consistently. This is based upon experiments with MTurboReverb - not that that should make any difference.

Nice one thanks! I thought that i remembered a way to do it. But i forgot that i should have used the modifier BEFORE i started moving the node.

Only just got round to trying this! unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Could anyone else please test this and confirm if it works?

I don't remember if I tried this in Cubase 8 or Blue Cat Patchwork - both on Windows 7 64-bit. I sometimes use Patchwork to run a quickie test because it starts in much less time than Cubase. Next time I'm at my DAW, I'll retest with both and confirm that it does/doesn't work as I described.

OK, I just repeated the test. It works in both Cubase 8 and when hosted by BC Patchwork. I created a new preset in MXXX this time including just one XY grid (the big variety). Hold down Alt, click on (or near) the position indicator dot, and movement is constrained to horizontal or vertical.

This is quite difficult to control, however. It seems like once I move it either horizontally or vertically, it doesn't want/let me move it in the other direction thereafter.

For anyone that can get the constrained movement to work in the first place, it might be useful if you could say whether or not you experience the same difficulties as I just mentioned.

Ah, ok. My fault, sorry. I was trying to do it with a node in the custom shape editor not the XY.
Thank you so much, for checking for me. I will create a feature request for Vojtech.

It is a bit confusing I know - basically it depends WHERE you click while holding the key. There's no other way really, because all option keys have been used - fine tuning, one axis lock and text input...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:It is a bit confusing I know - basically it depends WHERE you click while holding the key. There's no other way really, because all option keys have been used - fine tuning, one axis lock and text input...
Which post was this a response to? Are you talking about the difficulty of getting the XY controller dot to move either just up and down or just right and left? If so, care to elaborate?

I can normally get it to go in either dimension on the first try without any problems. But thereafter, it's extremely difficult to get it to go in the other. I have tried all kinds of places for clicking (exactly on the dot, just above/below the dot, just left/right of the dot). I haven't found the magic spot yet after quite a bit of experimentation.

Yes, basically there is no key to use to switch between the values. So instead it depends where you click - "the closer you click to the Y axis line, the bigger the chance you will be editing Y value" - so the left top rectangle controls Y, right bottom controls X.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”