MDrummer large - suggestions for update

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love MDrummer, but ...

Quick setup:
Actual: "Generate" uses all Drum kits /- sounds, also the imported ones.
Better: Excude-function for imported Kits / sounds vs. MDrummer's own Kits / sounds.

Building a song:
Actual: In Midi command method it is easy to produce a song. But there is no comfortable midi-export function without first building the song in MDrummer as well.
Better: Import-function or "translate"-function for the Command-method-Midi-Song , so it can be converted to "normal" midi.

And as said before, in general some more undo-knobs would be good.

If the functions do already exist, feel free to show me :tu:

When you 'import' in the Analyzer you can choose to create drumsets and/or components. MD's generator just looks at components. So, you could just create drumsets and leave components unticked. But if you choose components as well (which are handy for manual selection anyway) you can still exclude imported components from the generating...Main Settings> Drumset generator settings> Exclude. Type 'Imported'. Any drums in your Imported folders within Components won't be used. E.G. Components/Bass/Imported...I haven't tested that thoroughly (it would take too many random generate clicks to feel sure that it was excluding), but if you put 'Imported' in the INCLUDE field it works, so I'm assuming that EXCLUDE works!
Re midi command translate function, I wonder what Vojtech would say to that, but you could of course just record the midi output of MD in real time as MD plays from the midi commands. Well, in Reaper, I can do this by sending MD's midi output to another track and recording the new track's midi output.
Last edited by goldglob on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wow! I'll try. Thank You very much

update: Works perfectly, thank you!

Return to “MeldaProduction”