PRODUCTS

just made the most proper OTT replica in MXXX
with low cpu usage
good new gui
and nearly same knobs as OTT

name of the preset

OTT by APRATIM 2

Hope so you all will like it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

This preset is without Active preset created

sorry my bad i thought the preset will save the active part

hear is the active preset
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Thanks man. I like the sound of OTT.
I haven't checked out your preset yet, but hope it sounds good. Not sure about the your gui though, maybe it is the same as the plugin which is why you did it that way?
Anyway thanks for sharing!
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote:Thanks man. I like the sound of OTT.
I haven't checked out your preset yet, but hope it sounds good. Not sure about the your gui though, maybe it is the same as the plugin which is why you did it that way?
Anyway thanks for sharing!
pro tip
ott is just a MB coompressor
with
threshhold at
-42 for high
-38 for mid
-41 for bass

and compression at 12:1 and 14:1

attack is 1.M.S
release time can be adjusted with
the time knob in both ott and my preset

depth changes the compression ratio from 1:1 to the respective 12:1

and a +18 db gain on the out put
by deafult

and many other stuff
when you will open the edit screen you will see it

P.S. try to lower the time knob from less than 50ms for more extreme ott effect

Interesting!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Apratim wrote: pro tip
ott is just a MB coompressor
with
threshhold at
-42 for high
-38 for mid
-41 for bass

and compression at 12:1 and 14:1

attack is 1.M.S
release time can be adjusted with
the time knob in both ott and my preset

depth changes the compression ratio from 1:1 to the respective 12:1

and a +18 db gain on the out put
by deafult
If by OTT you mean the contents of this ^ preset, then ok :), but the actual OTT compression settings are very different from what you are describing. All of the values (thresholds, ratios, attacks...) are entirely different, for example the ratios in the original downward component are set so aggressive it's practically "just" limiting the bands. There's a completely separate set of values for the true upward compression component in the original, also very different. It's the upward component that makes up a large part of why the original OTT sounds the way it does.

dont know but in melda vsts this is what i came with and sounds nearly same (might not be exactly same)
the only reason i made it is due to the insane amount of cpu it consumed(1.9% vs 0.8%) on my system

and mxxx preset works in way less cpu resource and without and sample delay

i will look into it and will keep updated if i will make any change of the values

Yeah, cool :). Hmm, in case you are interested, here are the original OTT values for reference:

Frequency split locations: 88.3 Hz and 2.5 kHz

Attack and release:

Low: 47.8 ms / 282 ms
Mid: 22.4.ms / 282 ms
High: 13.5 ms / 132 ms

Downward compression threshold (RMS) and ratio:

Low: -33.8 dB / 1:66.7
Mid: -30.3 dB / 1:66.7
High: -35.5 dB / 1:inf

Upward compression threshold (RMS) and ratio:

Low: -40.8 dB / 1:4.17
Mid: -41.8 dB / 1:4.17
High: -40.8 dB / 1:4.17

Input gain: +5.20 for all bands

Output gain:

Low: +10.3 dB
Mid: +5.7 dB
High: + 10.3 dB

The dynamics transfer curve is a soft knee one. For best results, these settings are to be used in such a way that the "amount" parameter (or alternatively, signal level before it hits the compression) is set so that the overall level will hover in the sweet spot between the downward and upward processes, i.e. so that there will be both downward and upward processing going on in a (subjectively) pleasing manner :) ... Slamming it really hard doesn't quite end up with the most useful result, having some nice lift from the upward part -- if the goal isn't a totally downward slammed sound, that is.

:pray: thank you my lord :pray:

:tu: appreciate the effort :tu:

edit if i am not wrong there is a input gain of 5.20 db if i am not wrong just saw a image of ott(ableton not xfer)

Apratim wrote:edit if i am not wrong there is a input gain of 5.20 db if i am not wrong just saw a image of ott(ableton not xfer)
Yep, it's there in my post, too:
Guenon wrote:Input gain: +5.20 for all bands
(It did briefly read +5.70 right after I wrote it, though, but I immediately changed it :D )

No prob :party:

Unfortunately these settings sound nothing like OTT. They are the exact setting copied from Ableton's Multiband Dynamics. I guess that different compressors with the same setting sound vastly different.

jmg8 wrote:Unfortunately these settings sound nothing like OTT. They are the exact setting copied from Ableton's Multiband Dynamics. I guess that different compressors with the same setting sound vastly different.
Yep, as I said, these are the original OTT values for reference. I posted them because the ones that were mentioned previously were so different from what they actually are. The "pro tip ott is just a MB coompressor with threshhold at -42 for high -38 for mid..." and so on. Instead, OTT is a specific setup in a multiband unit with simultaneously set upward and a downward compression per band, and the values it uses are different. (Also note the soft knee, RMS, etc). The standalone Xfer version is a replica of these features. Of course, if you try to replicate this setup within a completely different unit, and if there are big differences in the overall design, all you can use the values for is a reference for what the original is doing, and then try to hit that same sound, compensating for the specific differences in design. In any case, the upward component is crucial for that vibe.

The original is Xfer. Ableton copied.

The lack of upward compression options in Melda is what is making this hard to replicate.

jmg8 wrote:The original is Xfer. Ableton copied.
Haha, no, you have misunderstood the history of the effect. The original is absolutely the OTT setting in Live :), OTT by Xfer is a detailed replica of that.
jmg8 wrote:The lack of upward compression options in Melda is what is making this hard to replicate.
It's not achievable in anything that doesn't offer real, separate upward compression, in some manner, yes.

Return to “MeldaProduction”