MSoundFactory Wishlist

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like a lot of the ideas and I hope they make it into MSoundFactory. My biggest hope is that it will allow more user generated modules and there will be a large community development. Something like Reaktor, but easier to use and perhaps with more possibilities. If Vojtech focuses on basic functionality I think the community could do the rest and create the more user friendly patches.

For example, a basic resonator. All that needs to be done is to make a combfilter. The problem now is that in MPS the comb filter goes out of tune the higher you play. If we could get either a comb filter that is over sampled or one that has some sort of tuning compresation it would be easy to make a wide variety of physical modeling sounds ourselves.

Also I like the idea of poly fx, but it might by easier to make a midi splitter and let users create their own fx. I’m imagining having 2 modes 1). Split the midi signal by frequency 2). Put each midi note of a separate channel. Using 2 you could just route each midi signal to its own OSC and the add whatever fx afterwards. On top of that you could easily mix OSC types. I image this would also take less time to develop.

There are a lot of creative people in this forum and I think with the basics people can create a lot of interesting modules that others can use to make presets, etc. Hopefully that will speed up development and allow for a greater quantity of sounds.

The way you described the poly FX would make them per note, I was hoping to have it per voice.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

The Transform panel found in MPS would be awesome as an independent module that could be applied to envelope/ LFO shapes.
Actually, what I am envisioning is using the Transform panel's capabilities to help in the creation of Wavetables that could be used as modulation sources. (Think of a Sine wave that is PWM across 16/32/64 bars for electronic instability/variability modulation.)
I'm not sure if the capability is already there, but MSEG with assignable loop points would be awesome as well.
Just a couple of ideas that came to me during the drudgery of work last night.

andrewernick wrote:I have some questions before I could put together a reasonable wish list:

Is MSoundFactory going to have the same / similar layout as MXXX? Or is it going to be completely new, more comparable to VCV Rack or Reaktor Blocks kind of way, with infinite module space?

Will MSoundFactory host ALL Melda effect plugins like MXXX does or just specific effects (designed to keep the CPU low next to all the synthesis) ?

I still can't quite wrap my head around this beast :D

The main reason as to why is because in MXXX, we already have MPowersynth, Oscillator, LFO, Mixer Modules, Crossovers etc etc.

Which already provide plenty of complex synthesis options. For example, open six Oscillators and route them into Mixers to frequency modulate them with each other, you can warp between the waveforms while doing so, use modulation modules ... the synthesis possibilites inside MXXX which is labelled an effect plugin are already endless, so how is Vojtech gonna top this with MSoundFactory?

What I could imagine is that MSoundFactory is going to be the digital equivalent of the modular synthesis world. So that an oscillator module doesn't just offer a sidechain input like in MXXX, but different inputs for a sound source to do different things with the oscillator signal (FM, AM, RM and all that good stuff, in more complex fashion) .

Also the connectivity needs to be expanded. So that you can route a signal to infinite destinations for example.

So the more we know, the more we can wish for :tu:

What I'd personally love to see:

1. A Wavetable synth module where we can generate our own wavetables via algorithms (and modulate the algorithm, LOL)
2. A Multisampler with various pitch and time stretching algorithms.
3. A Spectrum Synth like in Metasynth.
4. A Grainsynth.
5. A dedicated FM synth.
6. A Modular approach to connecting the modules.
7. A Sequencer.
8. As mentioned above, physical modelling module.
9. Ability to open MXXX inside MSoundFactory and vice versa.

Well, all in all I cannot wait for this thing to come out. In whatever shape or form!
I really like this well-thought-out wishlist! The combination of MXXX and "MSoundFactory" with these components would far outshine UVI's Falcon and Steinberg's Halion 6. I would be a buyer.

Hi Vojtech,

I just trust in your visions and your programming skills and I have become very curious about this project.

- With all the already excellent Granular-, FM-, Hybrid-, Physical Synthesis-, Wavetable-, PPG-, Substractive-, Additive- and whatnot synths out there and ZEBRA 3 in the making, I think we don´t really need just another one like those.

- a new synth only will stand out as special if it has certain special features other plugins do not have and if you can combine things freely in a way other VSTs can´t.

I really can´t imagine something really new with synth like ZEBRA, ICARUS, APARILLO, all the PPG stuff, BIOTEK 2, WAVERAZOR, CHROMAPHONE, KAIVO, ENZYME, all the GLITCHMACHINES stuff and whatnot...

So I really have just this thing to say:

S U R P R I S E us, have joy and don´t lose your lust for playing and experimenting...than this could be epic :hihi: :tu:
Last edited by nichttuntun on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

^
I
I
I
I

Yep I second that, I think we all do. In the end, the coding of the software is where the magic happens. I just made a list of synth types that I'd like to see in the very appreciated Melda fashion. Just as with MXXX, minds will be blown and new territories of sound discovered. I know that Soundfactory will push the boundaries of synthesis no matter what ! And my expectations aren't even that high, I'm just looking forward to a modular melda VST for sound creation :-)

Spectral/Additive resynthesis and morphing like in Alchemy please :)
https://spektralisk.com/products | Sound libraries for: Massive X, Pigments, Vital, Razor, Kontour and more | Free sounds → Sound Flux

A better GUI.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

nichttuntun wrote:Hi Vojtech,

I just trust in your visions and your programming skills and I have become very curious about this project.

S U R P R I S E us, have joy and don´t lose your lust for playing and experimenting...than this could be epic :hihi: :tu:
Hehe will try! :D But anyways I think it won't be hard to make something unique ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

spektralisk wrote:Spectral/Additive resynthesis and morphing like in Alchemy please :)
+817.37! :pray:

Michael L wrote:A better GUI.
Please define "better", in detail.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
Michael L wrote:A better GUI.
Please define "better", in detail.
All the details of the GUI are better.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

I’d like to request a full featured export wav fuction. After making the sounds of course sometimes I’d like to use MSoundfactory to play them, but other times I’d like to use MDrummer, etc. MSF should make creating and layering drum samples fun and easy and if its easy to export the results as wav files quickly, that would make a lot of people’s lives easier.

I also think it would attract a lot of sound designers. Things like risers and other special fx can be a pain to make and layer in a DAW. I like the export feature in MDrummer and I’d like something similar, but with more options.

1). Choice of note to export
2). Ability to set length of wav
3). Ability to cut off once the level drops below a certain db level.
4). Ability to export multiple files for different notes.
5). Ability to export multiple files for different velocity layers.

IMO this would help make it an excellent sound design tool.

MeldaProduction wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:Hi Vojtech,

Hehe will try! :D But anyways I think it won't be hard to make something unique ;).
Yeahhh!!! :tu: :party: :tu:

Chandlerhimself wrote:I’d like to request a full featured export wav fuction. After making the sounds of course sometimes I’d like to use MSoundfactory to play them, but other times I’d like to use MDrummer, etc. MSF should make creating and layering drum samples fun and easy and if its easy to export the results as wav files quickly, that would make a lot of people’s lives easier.

I also think it would attract a lot of sound designers. Things like risers and other special fx can be a pain to make and layer in a DAW. I like the export feature in MDrummer and I’d like something similar, but with more options.

1). Choice of note to export
2). Ability to set length of wav
3). Ability to cut off once the level drops below a certain db level.
4). Ability to export multiple files for different notes.
5). Ability to export multiple files for different velocity layers.

IMO this would help make it an excellent sound design tool.
I like this idea. We could make a sound and then export it for a sampler. For example 2 notes per octave with 3 velocity layers. An auto loop points feature would be good too.

Sound designers making sampler packs would love this.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Return to “MeldaProduction”