2CAudio Presedence

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mike, actually not at all. I like lots of stuff on the market, but when I don't and I'm asked, I say so. As people like you say about Melda plugins ;). In any case lying everyone so blatantly about AVX512 support is just sad... And it's so stupid, because every person with reasonable intelligence can find out it's a nonsense and they are lying. But of course then come people like you trying to justify even such horrific lies... :roll: This shouldn't happen imho... Everyone out there now does marketing blabla like "our stuff is awesome..." and whatnot, but when you have something, that's just technically a lie like 2ACaudio does, I just don't know what to think... And if they are lying about something so obvious, can we even trust anything they say?... That's up to you...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

-

I seem to be getting a lot of phasing issues...

-
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

1. Thanks for the hint. I tested the plugin. Do not like it either, though. :?
2. I think Melda is allowed to say good things about their plugins, since in my opinion they just are great, hehe.
3. WTF Vojtech. You already have such a tool ready??? But why not releasing it, wooooa!? :D Pretty please? :D :D
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Hehe well, I originally wanted to, but then I decided to keep the whole thing just for the "mixing revolution". I hope I can get to that soon, but it will take time, it will be probably the biggest project from Melda, so like the biggest project ever :D :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok. So .... enough KVR for today, Vojtech! Go on with the project then! ;)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

MeldaProduction wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:13 pm (...) Btw. we have AVX512 optimizations for quite some time,(...)
What performance advantage AVX512 brings to Melda?

AVX512 (and earlier - AVX and AVX2) provide additonal vectorization, which can be very efficient for array operations without carried dependency, which is unfortunately the problem, since lots of audio processing is carrying the dependency in time. So for a lot of operations it either brings no improvement whatsoever or some really complex techniques need to be used. I used some of these for filtering, which provides quite solid 3x improvement for AVX2, but applying the same concept for AVX512 improves the speed only by about 10% at the expense of higher complexity and more CPU for filter recalculation... But AVX512 can lead to some tremendous improvements for other areas, where there is no carried dependency, I was exploiting it recently for oscillator transformations in MPowerSynth and MSoundFactory and for some cases I was able to squeeze performance speedups leading to unbelievable 20x (next update). But these are really special cases and need a lot of work. What 2AC audio probably did was simply use the Intel compiler and instructed it to automatically vectorize for AVX512, which unfortunately from my tests didn't improve speed at all, sometimes even lowered it (potentially because of the unfamous AVX512 CPU throttling).
Vojtech

Thank you for the detailed answer. :tu:
My curiosity was because AMD CPUs lacks AVX512 and the new Intel i9-9900K(Coffee Lake) too.
AVX512 produces too much heat, good that the new Skylake-X also comes with soldered heatspreader.

Vojtech,
In my opinion, you have a big heart, AND are very logical, AND you are technically proficient. Sometimes these things are seen as opposites. But they are not! These are all aspects that a person might, or might not have. It is that they are rarely seen in abundance together.
I was tempted to tell you not to argue with the detractors on this post. But sometimes you should.
And you did.... effectively. In my humble opinion.

sirmonkey wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:34 am Vojtech,
In my opinion, you have a big heart, AND are very logical, AND you are technically proficient. Sometimes these things are seen as opposites. But they are not! These are all aspects that a person might, or might not have. It is that they are rarely seen in abundance together.
I was tempted to tell you not to argue with the detractors on this post. But sometimes you should.
And you did.... effectively. In my humble opinion.
Thank you! :love:

Pictus: The overheating was quickly solved by Intel by reducing the core's frequency, that's known as the CPU throttling. But it happens only if heavy calculations are happening for some time , like 1ms or something, and quickly stops afterwards, but it can probably cause processing problems. It should boil anymore though :D
Vojtech

That’s funny, now AVX512 gets the holy grail ?!😬

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:25 pm I actually already have it :), and it's way more brutal than this 2ac thingy, but I decided not to release it yet and wait for the big thing. We have too many plugins :D
I am presently plastering Melda plug-ins all over LA modern percussion and getting extremely awesome results, but there is one tool that I really want, and it is the ability to arrange multiple inputs or multiple tracks with linked instances of this 2D positioning plugin, on the same instance, which Precedence might be able to do. Basically a 2-D positioning tool where I can position anyone of five or 15 voices in space from the same interface. If this is something that you were working on, I will stop myself from sending you the feature requests I have for MXXX because this would simply be lifesaver, a real game changer.
Last edited by E_Anderson on Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

it does crackle - or at least it used to while I still had it.
couldn't give two f**ks less about AVX512 anyway, since they're failing spectacularly at M1 native versions

I don’t think it’s so much that it’s because of being an IR grid that’s why it clicks, so much as some ER generators don’t modulate smoothly. Don’t know why. Exponential Audio reverbs are also like that, they have a prominent “zipping”/jittering noise when modulating reflections/distributions.

Panagement does not have any issues, however. You just can’t link instances. I would love to be able to do this, so much, it would be a way more intuitive way to mix.

Return to “MeldaProduction”