MSoundFactory : How do I load presets of MDrummer FREE packs ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to use MSoundFactory DEMO now.
I installed every Essentials and FREE packs, but it seems that MSoundFactory only shows its own instruments and presets. I don't know the way of distinguishing FREE presets.
How do I load presets of MDrummer FREE packs ?
And is it possible to use FREE packs with MSoundFactoryPlayer after expiring DEMO periods ?

I think you are trying to misuse it somehow. MDrummer licence is not part of MSoundFactory, and especially not MSoundFactoryPlayer. But you can use the MDrummer resources (samples, multisamples, hell even the entire MDrummer) inside MSoundFactory, but you certainly need access to the edit screen. But also instruments can use it, so yes, the MSoundFactoryPlayer CAN access it, but only if you have instruments that do. Right now none of the free ones do, but when 3rd party instruments start showing up, these may.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I am one of the many MSoundFactoryPlayer users who spent hours downloading all 60G of it thinking that once I installed it I would be able to use the sounds. I didn't do this hastily, I read things on the site like the installation guide.

"Drum Empire 2020 is used by following plugins. Download MeldaProduction universal installer, run it and make sure you select one or more of the plugins that use this pack.

MDrummer
MSoundFactory
MSoundFactoryLE
MSoundFactoryPlayer"

I now understand after reading this post that it is a resource in a proprietary format that requires acquisition of other things to be usable. Right now, the other thing is MDrummer, which is not free.

However, having installed and enjoyed the Monastery Grand, I expected DrumEmpire2020 to be similar, an instrument in itself. It's not clear that to be able to use it, you must also have MDrummer.

I'm not the only one with this confusion; there's a thread on the Cakewalk forum about this and people are unsure as to whether it will work as-is. I suspect that this may be due to experience with Kontakt and the Kontakt Player, where resources for each instrument are self-contained. The idea of a resource that can be shared between instruments hosted by MSoundFactory is new to people used to Kontakt Player.

A simple notice that being able to use it "requires a license for MDrummer" would go a long way toward ending this confusion.

Thanks for your information.
I understand that I have to own MDrummer license to use the pack as instrument.

Yeah, the information on the Drum Empire page are absolutely misleading. Nowhere does it say that you *have* to have a registered version of whatever it might be (likely MDrummer).

Fwiw, I'm not complaining (getting that amount of professionally sampled drums has been pretty unlikely anway, but you never know...), but it does certainly confuse people.

On another sidenote, no idea whether it's related to not having MDrummer installed, but under macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) and Logic/Garagband, the MDownloader application is crashing when you try to import any of the MDrummer packs (which I already downloaded).
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Btw, those "super always on top" windows appearing when you search for something or have some indexing done, are highly annoying. They overlap anything, not just the host application.

And a last one: I tried to manually add the MDrummer essentials (which I downloaded already) to the MDrummer demo - it's resulting into the same crash as with MSoundFactory.
This is really, really bad as I was still considering to get MDrummer one day - anything I could do?
I could happily send you a crashlog.

Not complaining either. It cost me some time to figure it out, but I've been around the Meldaverse long enough to know that they sometimes....overestimate my understanding of how their products are supposed to work. 🤨😁

Was still puzzled about the latest status after reading this thread (and others). If one doesn’t own MDrummer, is there any reason to download free packs like Drum Empire 2020 into (full) MSoundFactory, as they are on the MSoundFactory page? Am I able to use them in MSoundFactory without (owning) MDrummer?
So I asked Melda and got a positive and crystal clear answer that MDrummer is included in MSoundFactory (full version), so the MDrummer packs are fully playable in MSF. Same goes for MXXX as it’s included in MSF (full version) but of course you’ll only be able to use those FX inside MSF (full) on MSF generated sounds, not on external synths.

I've just installed full MSoundFactory - can't find the MDrummer kits anywhere.
Have installed 2008-2018 pack, but can't see the kits within MSoundFactory - any pointers?

Here you go. They're on the Instruments page.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/instruments

Still not quite clear to me: can I only use the Drum Multisampler in MSF if I own MDrummer?
(totally fine if that's the case, would make sense - just not clearly enough presented in the plugin or on the website imo)

---> If that's not the case and I should be able to use the 'Drum Multisampler' module I'm struggling: Whatever I adjust the Sample folder to in the Settings doesn't do anything and nothing shows up in the Multisampler

Drum Tornado 2023 is a technical update of a precisely recorded and processed Drum Empire 2020 (over 60GB library). Using our latest universal drum plugin MDrumStrip, Drum Tornado 2023 elevates the samples to a new dimension.

https://meldaproduction.com/MDrummerDrumTornado2023

Yes, I saw that too! :o (but can we use it in MSF Multisampler?)

Xantux wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:33 pm Yes, I saw that too! :o (but can we use it in MSF Multisampler?)
Yes. It's a bit tricky because of the MDrummer instance running inside MSF, but you can use it.
Organic Calfskin Kit - Free/Donationware Drum VST for Mac and Win

Return to “MeldaProduction”