VIDEO - Creating a low gain amp in MTurboAmp

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a video for the unreleased plugin, MTurboAmp. I figure some people are interested in creating their own amps and perhaps even having them included in the final version. I thought I'd make a video showing how to do that. In this video I go over low gain amps, but in future videos I'll go over high gain amps and a few tricks. I hope you find this useful.

https://youtu.be/IJE_o3z3fFw

Hi Chandler, thanks for the vid! I am new to the amp sim thing as well as to recording guitar without an amp. Would you mind to share some details reg. your setup? I mean which DI box, interface etc. are you using, so you get this nice sound.

Btw, I'm using my "Art Pro MPA II"'s high Z input and then I'm pulling the output into my Audient ID22 interface. I'm getting a great tube sound out of it, but when driving it through the MTurboAmp, it's not that graet anymore...
Last chance

:love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Tyrs wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:18 pm Hi Chandler, thanks for the vid! I am new to the amp sim thing as well as to recording guitar without an amp. Would you mind to share some details reg. your setup? I mean which DI box, interface etc. are you using, so you get this nice sound.

Btw, I'm using my "Art Pro MPA II"'s high Z input and then I'm pulling the output into my Audient ID22 interface. I'm getting a great tube sound out of it, but when driving it through the MTurboAmp, it's not that graet anymore...
Hi, I'm using a MOTU M2 interface although I used the Art preamp and a focusrite before. If you're using the Art preamp, I'd recommend not pushing it too hard. If you distort the signal before you get to MTurboAmp, you won't be able to every get a clean signal. Also are you using MCabinet or an IR? MTurboAmp doesn't have cabinet simulation, so you need something after it. Also, did you follow the tutorial, use the wilderbeast or just use a blank default sound? If you want a sound like what's in the video you'll have to make it yourself(for now). In the future hopefully the amps I showed will be added, but for now there is only 1 amp available and it sounds quite different from that. I'm guessing you're missing the IR, but it could be a lot of things. I hope that helps.

Many thanks for the hints! Of course it makes sense to keep the signal as clean as possible before getting it into MTA. Until now I checked only Wilderbeast and few of the presets shared in this forum. I'm playing an old semi-acoustic DeArmond and she didn't like none of them. I can't wait for the next simulations to be included in MTA, hopefully your low gain amps will be included as well!
Last chance

Return to “MeldaProduction”