Instrumental Pop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On the way to honing my pop song skills this little gem 'popped' up

http://www.box.net/shared/static/rd2kag41pz.mp3 - Intentions

sorry about that encrypted name, was that money wasted on box.net getting hardlinks? me thinks so.

I'm gonna put some words on it, but that's one thing which tends to take a bit longer than the music, for me at least..

Usual plugin suspects including Zebra2, Firebird, Drumular and PhatmatikPro.

thanks for listening! :)

You mentioned "on the way to honing my pop song skills", seems like you've already traveled a great distance. I thought this was a nicely balanced track, very pop with something extra just for fun. I especially like those jangly percussion bits when they came in. Was a bit surprised at the ending, perhaps it was a little abrupt.

Nice work. 8)

My asociations might be a bit odd, but it reminded me of old C64 game songs with an updated sound. Just swap the Zebra for a SID-emulator plugin (or a SID-station) and you're all set.
:wink:

Nothing beats the old M.U.L.E. theme song though..

Thanks for your comments guys! :)

bobsled - indeed, I need to work on my outros - I can never decide between fade-outs and proper 'designed' ends. To me, fades are the cheap way out! ;)

orc - it's funny you should say that, I got that C64 thing when I happened to listen to it from outside the room.. It's not a bad thing though is it!? Maybe I should go back to Octamed! ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”