PHC- some circa 1983 - 85 experimental noise 2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

more pre sampler, pre computer produced noise... from the early - mid 1980's...

http://oliphantarts.com/KVR/12_Aeon.MP3

http://oliphantarts.com/KVR/04_Overseer.MP3

Aeon - Some incredible stuff in there - I kept thinking you have an amazing collection to recycle from for new compositions... do you do that or do you not want to touch your earlier compositions?

Overseer - Crazy and totally amazing!
Image Image

thanks for the feedback...(I have been enjoying your music here also :) No I really have no interest in recycling any of it in terms of new sound contructions, but there are some that I am very happy with, or at least partially, and find sharing these recordings here to be a great kind of therapy. Weeks-months would be put into developing and recording these things. Both tracks (and all from this time) were made on a 4 track reel to reel with track 'bounces' onto cassettes. Eventually a few copies made it around but I was always more concerned with making the next recording/project better, bigger... which was very counter-productive to actually having this suff heard by anyone.

I've really enjoyed these old releases of yours. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something very satisfying about the old cassette sound quality. Maybe it's nostalgia, I don't know.

I'm bummed that I missed these the first time around. There are some startlingly beautiful/horrific sounds here. Thank you very much for posting these!

3am

Awesome stuff!
Thanks for sharing :)

Ooh, I like these even more than the ones you posted originally! What a fine cacophony you were creating... and in the year of my birth no less! Was this all live straight to tape or was there overdubbing involved?

not live, layers on 4-track reel to reel with and bits and pieces of 'found sound' tapes played on grade school 'compact cassettes' and 'backing tapes' played on better cassette decks and short digital loops from 1.5 second (or there abouts) digital delays and various effects pedals and/or rack mount units and contact mics stuck and abused on a variety of household objects and garbage... Things were usually built up around a loop or rhythm track and then we would try and play that along with as many other sounds live onto a fresh set of 2 reel to reel tracks then play live on top of that onto another new set of reel to reel tracks (therefore erasing what might have been the origial base loops...) until finished or ruined as the case may be. :-o

Young American in trouble = :love:

Awesome, I'll have to download these when things are a little less hectic here…

Return to “Music Cafe”