SawCeeJack Presents: "Paradise"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

almost finished, just need to overlap with some stereo

thanks, vurt

workin hard, workin fast...

experimental.crow wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:52 pm
Captain Scarne wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:40 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:30 pm hopefully you will see that a little humility goes a lot further than aggressiveness and insults toward those offering criticism. This isn't just for here but all your musical endeavors.
Won't argue with your message at all Mr Moderator, but those sentiments swing both ways - this guy may have been out of order in that other thread, but he had a lot of seriously insulting stuff thrown at his music - much of it quite unjustified and unnecessary.
Captain Scarne wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:06 pm ... If you put your music out there, you're gonna get positive and negative responses - accept it or STOP putting it out there - simple!
I see and take your point oh ominously experimental bird of doom - sorry, that was caw - ny!

But, there is a difference between 'negative' and 'nasty' feedback.

SaCeeJack was out of order, no doubt about it and I don't condone his comments in that other thread at all, but people provoked him with increasing levels of pointless nonsense. That doesn't excuse his outbursts, it's just stating the facts. There were a lot of guilty parties in that other thread.

Again here:

Jancivil: Just in case you didn't get it first time around - I hate your music, but now I get why it's shit - you're mentally ill.

That message was aggressive, nasty, pointless nonsense - shameful, frankly.

As for the piece of music, which is what this should be about:

Is it great in my opinion? - no, not at all!

Did it hold my interest? - definitely yes!

Did I think it was worth developing? - definitely yes!

It was quirky; had something about it; broke a few rules; I genuinely found it interesting.
Last edited by Captain Scarne on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Scarne the Magnificent - slayer of the mighty 5th Devil Finger. Vanquisher of Nalareth the Ancient Green Dragon. Bane of orcs, goblins, demons and dodgy music across the multiverse.

vurt wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:29 pm
SawCeeJack wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:28 pm coffee, that's it... tons of it
my kinda guy!
and he wears a cape.
cant fault a man in a cape.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lord Scarne the Magnificent - slayer of the mighty 5th Devil Finger. Vanquisher of Nalareth the Ancient Green Dragon. Bane of orcs, goblins, demons and dodgy music across the multiverse.

I hear you. I'll behave.

Good one Vurt.

oh, I mean captain

should be ready around 4 Eastern

my fingers are movin so fast it's like a Ouija board

my kinda guy!
and he wears a cape.
Bizarro Superman. nuff said

jancivil wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:25 pm
my kinda guy!
and he wears a cape.
Bizarro Superman. nuff said
ultimately, lex luthor was at fault there.
he screwed up the cloning.

Captain Scarne wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:03 pm
my kinda guy!
and he wears a cape.
never, ever post such pics near donkey tugger! :scared:

I thought there was a whole Bizarro World, though. Yeah, I quit following that comic at around age 11. I was just thinking about that. I liked Zap. I had a Zap #0 which, like baseball cards in good condition, would have likely paid off.

We're off topic in a big way here. Wait, but anti-psychotics are on the table anyway.

I would recommend a little reflection as to the possibility of impaired judgement, regarding 1) that you're going to produce something in an hour (loops out of sync much? N.B.) and 2) the presentation to people on a forum who might, just might do a little more than that, on average.

And while, to me my remark seems to skirt the rules, I think it's better than enabling.

Not to be dismissing comics fans, not at all. That's just how it was for me. That and Supergirl were about it for me as a kid. Marvel was of zero moment for me.

I like the things, in movies.

jan, i've been working on this piece for years

Return to “Music Cafe”