First of twenty...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hate to start an argument, but this is the wrong forum for this type of discussion.
unless it's put to music, anyway.
:x
:P

im listenin to tunes at the moment
arent you?

vurt wrote:im listenin to tunes at the moment
arent you?
just the hum from my desktop on the right,
and hum from laptop on the left
and the dogs barking in the next room.

are you sure your not "stuck in the middle with barking doooo-ooooogs"

spaceman wrote:
Great.. and welcome to KvR

how about a second post?
come on you can do it

Thanks. Well, I gotta work, but if anyone's interested, here's my web site - www.richiebee.ca. I got an equipment list there and some old, and some not so old sample choons. I'm trying to get back into the whole writing thing after being out of it for a few years. I'm finding my biggest weakness (apart from lack of inspiration) is mixing. I suck at it. Ah well, things can only get better. Might help if I could afford some speakers. These damn headphones are not doing the trick.

btw KvR rocks, if I may be so bold as to say so.

Rich

Just listened to Coral Keys and SkyDive...

Nice... very smooth and well played...

Griels would love 'em.

However... So did you record everything on there seperately or are the piano, druns and doublebass sampled off a record?

Ben

And the Funky Dory stuff is even better... very, James Taylor Quartet, with rapping.. 8) ..

I really like it... I bet it sounds really good live...

Ben

vurt wrote:hello welcome

but no,if you are entering the post count thing is not appropriate.only for voters who dont enter,mainly so people cant just create an extra 10 accounts and rig the votes
if your entering your ok :D
but feel free to post away :D :D
Anyhoo, with threads like these getting 20 posts isn't really a hard job :roll:

Glooper wrote:Just listened to Coral Keys and SkyDive...

Griels would love 'em.

However... So did you record everything on there seperately or are the piano, druns and doublebass sampled off a record?

Ben
Darn you're not supposed to play the trumpet clips. Those are with play-alongs - Jamie Aebersold provided the keys, bass and drums backing. Stuck it into Cubase and added my trumpet track. I've been working on those tunes a little since then (June) and I'll be re-recording soon. I didn't really know the tunes when I recorded them for the first time. I was just itching to use my Tascam US122 which I'd just got for my birthday. But thanks anyway.

Rich

Glooper wrote:And the Funky Dory stuff is even better... very, James Taylor Quartet, with rapping.. 8) ..

I really like it... I bet it sounds really good live...

Ben
Yeah, Funky Dory is cool.... and getting cooler. That sample was taken off the TV which is why it's mono and rather poor quality.

Our new tunes just get better and better. Mostly covers, but the occasional original thrown in. Here's our set list in case you're interested in what else we're playing. http://www.funkydory.richiebee.ca/setlist.htm

Planning on getting the band out of Newfoundland before too long. Don't like boat trips though, and flying is expensive! Guess I'll be swimming to the mainland! Why did I move to an island?

Rich

farlukar wrote: Anyhoo, with threads like these getting 20 posts isn't really a hard job :roll:
You're right, I'm up to six... no make that seven, already. Darn, when am I going to find time to do my job? With this and BOFH, my whole day is surely accounted for. Better tell HR we need more staff.

Rich

Glooper wrote:Just listened to Coral Keys and SkyDive...

Griels would love 'em.

Ben

oooooooeeee... nice music 8)
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Return to “Music Cafe”