Lockdown Girl - Electro Pop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/abiuslu/lockdown-girl

hi there!

as always, feedback is very welcome, hope you have fun listening!

greetings from cologne

nice! Vocoder is cool.

I like it. Vocoder is cool, would be nice if it was slightly more clear (louder?) and with some more low end to make it found more filling.

Some good melodic hooks in there - catchy!

Overall - enjoyed it.

Good combo of synth sounds - works well....mix was good, but very slightly 'muddy' for me + I'd have liked a bit more textural variety...especially a few 'thinner' moments.

Vocoder is very appropriate, but I agree with GMusic - it's a little bit thin and too far back in the mix...a few artefacts in there as well every now and then..they're a sod to control sometimes!

The only serious issue for me was the occasional mismatch (for my ears) between chords, bass and melody in the main section...I don't believe in 'wrong' notes as such, but just felt that there could've been more appropriate choices for this style of music.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Is the lyrical resemblance to Billy Joel's song coincidental? "Uptown girl. She's been living in her uptown world."

Nice melody. It has a melancholic quality that I like. Intriguing idea for a song. :tu:

The mix is mid-heavy and doesn't give a lot of space for the instruments to breathe.

Thanks for the comments guys!

I agree to the comments that the vocoder could be clearer and more focused - will have a look at that! I only have an SM57 for vocal recording at the moment, so it´s not easy to get a clean signal somehow....

The lyrical resamblence is no coincence, I just had the song in my ear and went on from there. Not very original I guess, and I hope people don´t get offended.

Concerning the mix: yeah you´re right, there´s not much space in there, I´ll rework that as soon as I find the time and upload it again.

thanks!

Ok, I did some tweaks to the mix mainly by adding diynamic eq´s to the vocal and synth parts.

Let me know what you think! :party:

The mix sounds better now. Good job. :tu:

Frantz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:13 pm The mix sounds better now. Good job. :tu:

Thank you!

It enjoyable.
In terms of mixing, drums especially the snare sound a little too hot and sharp for me.

Return to “Music Cafe”