--

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

I've decided that i'm not gonna put singular songs onto my Soundcloud page or KVR Music Cafe any more except if i make something different/exceptional or except if i think i need some feedback.

What i will be doing instead with my Soundcloud page is put more frequent DJ sets mixed by me of songs i've made. I'm thinking approx every 3-6 months. Obviously i'm not allowed to share the DJ sets in KVR Music Cafe.

I've recently started giving my Soundcloud page a makeover. Take a look and give me feedback about it by all means.

Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/p ... mbcujidc9R

Feel free to comment. All the synths and bass are Sonic Academy Ana 2 synth.
Last edited by Spring Goose on Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cool, I liked this a lot. If it were me, I might have cut a minute or 2 out of it in places though. The melodic build up felt overly long to me in the beginning and at some segues. Cool stuff though, imo. :tu:

*Conversely, you could have done a bit more in the electronical gymnastics dept with some of that time as well. :)

ok glad you like it, and thank you very much for the advice!

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:49 pm
Feel free to comment. All the synths and bass are Sonic Academy Ana 2 synth.
I think it works well as a techno-track (for real dancing) - only for listening i would like to have some more variations, and more of your melodic motives (but on the dance-floor noone is thinking about that :) maybe the kick should be a bit more dominant?)
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Good overall driving groove...yeah, Techno in some ways...certainly in terms of tempo, that 4 on the floor kick routine + the style of sounds in there.

I would just always be careful when throwing in any sort of effects heavy sections on top of the basic groove...they must work with it and not detract from the flow at all....

I felt that the idea that first comes in just before 1 min 50 secs is so washed with delay that it slightly battles against the rhythmic feel at times...for me, it might just need the delay timings or feedback tweaking?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Thanks guys, for your words. Very useful.

I can see your point Mark, perhaps a touch too much echo/reverb.

TomTom1: Actually upon reflection I can't see anybody actually dancing to that one, which makes it more of a listening song. I've been on the dancefloor, i don't think there's anything in that song to dance to. Maybe if the mix were different or like you say a more prominant kickdrum then maybe it could be a dancer, but that would be a different song!
I remember my head bopping like it might fall off ;) to the "chorus" on occasion but i think it's lacking the recipe to move "your" feet.

I also have this (techno) song:
This song gets it right for dancing:
:)

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/q ... Ae4uUJe5Hm

Chaotic, claustrophobic, and leading me to having an anxiety attack. Yes! Thats def techno. Great work.

mindstuff wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:28 pm Chaotic, claustrophobic, and leading me to having an anxiety attack. Yes! Thats def techno. Great work.
:D

Its a bit too full on for me.
You could do something with the drums, e.g. every now and then drop them out for a few bars, or just have the kick going, or take the kick out.
There were some nice surprise elements here and there, but I think in general your arrangement could do with looking at.

Bansaw wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:13 pm Its a bit too full on for me.
You could do something with the drums, e.g. every now and then drop them out for a few bars, or just have the kick going, or take the kick out.
There were some nice surprise elements here and there, but I think in general your arrangement could do with looking at.
Thanks for being honest. :)

Hello

I've decided that i'm not gonna put singular songs onto my Soundcloud page or KVR Music Cafe any more except if i make something different/exceptional or except if i think i need some feedback.

What i will be doing instead with my Soundcloud page is put more frequent DJ sets mixed by me of songs i've made. I'm thinking approx every 3-6 months. Obviously i'm not allowed to share the DJ sets in KVR Music Cafe.

I've recently started giving my Soundcloud page a makeover. Take a look and give me feedback about it by all means.

Return to “Music Cafe”