Sol Rides the Celestial Elevator (Ambient Enlightenment)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The latest release from Ambient Online (Vol 13), featuring over 5 hours of music, comprising 45 tracks of diverse ambient music, all made by members of Ambient Online, is released today. This compilation is available as a "name your price" release, so it should suit all pockets. It's another no-brainer.

I've been on a mini-roll this year, having completed 3 new tracks and 8 remixes. This was completed very quickly by my sedate standards.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/sol- ... l-elevator

Recorded/Mixed in EnergyXT2.7
Mastered in T-Racks 5

Instruments and FX

Sampletank2
Chromaphone
ACE
Audacity
PaulStretch
Iris2
B2
Satin
Linear Phase Equalizer
EQP-1A

DR - 11

The album may be found here:-

https://ambientonline.bandcamp.com/albu ... -volume-13

Nice moments of tension and release. My favorite was the hopeful bright section that leads into the dissonance at 4:53, then almost completely trails out at 5:08.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Nice one. A tranquil ambiance and pleasant sounds. Relaxing to listen to.

Just to get a glimpse of the whole album I triggered a download. As the whole release has an immense size in original audio quality I decided to choose AAC format for download. The tracks were provided in resolution of about 150 kbps - well not really hi res :hihi:

Nevertheless, your track is outstanding looking at the album in general. Fifty ambient tracks in average lengths of 5 - 7 minutes are somehow of long breath. Only hardcore fans can consume that amount..

Thumbs for your contribution! :lol:

eassae wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:52 am Nice moments of tension and release. My favorite was the hopeful bright section that leads into the dissonance at 4:53, then almost completely trails out at 5:08.
I love the "push/pull" effect of this reverb, older sounds fading away while the newer ones are building.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, eassae. Glad you liked it :)

Excellent. I enjoyed the gradual buildup basking in the sounds. The use of reverb is expert as usual.

Unfortunately, it did not cause the sun (Sol) to come out despite playing it twice. But I can hardly fault you for its inability to control the weather. :)

eassae wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:52 am Nice moments of tension and release. ...
in the initial build up ,your decision to allow [near] silence as a balance point plays well ,to me ...
many feel that each passing moment must be filled w/sound ,and the work becomes too busy for my liking ...

proper ambient , and well done ...
Last edited by experimental.crow on Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lovely. Will check the album out :)

markkuja wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:43 pm Nice one. A tranquil ambiance and pleasant sounds. Relaxing to listen to.
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, Markku. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Try it at the summer-house at sunrise :wink:

htcnext2 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:32 am Just to get a glimpse of the whole album I triggered a download. As the whole release has an immense size in original audio quality I decided to choose AAC format for download. The tracks were provided in resolution of about 150 kbps - well not really hi res :hihi:

Nevertheless, your track is outstanding looking at the album in general. Fifty ambient tracks in average lengths of 5 - 7 minutes are somehow of long breath. Only hardcore fans can consume that amount..

Thumbs for your contribution! :lol:
I think the entire release is over 340 minutes. I downloaded the FLAC in 5 minutes.

I listened to the album in 5 sessions of just over an hour each, but some of the guys at AO managed to listen to the entire album on release day. They are dedicated to the cause :)

One of the most interesting features of these compilations is the wide range of different styles that are featured.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, htcnext2. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Frantz wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:10 pm Excellent. I enjoyed the gradual buildup basking in the sounds. The use of reverb is expert as usual.

Unfortunately, it did not cause the sun (Sol) to come out despite playing it twice. But I can hardly fault you for its inability to control the weather. :)
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Frantz. glad you enjoyed it :) This one is a slow-burner for sure. B2 is an excellent tool and really suited this composition.

The Sun has been quite conspicuous by its absence around here recently :(

experimental.crow wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:17 pm
eassae wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:52 am Nice moments of tension and release. ...
in the initial build up ,your decision to allow [near] silence as a balance point plays well ,to me ...
many feel that each passing moment must be filled w/sound ,and the work becomes too busy for my liking ...

proper ambient , and well done ...
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, e.c. Glad you liked it :)

I've recently been remixing tracks for a decidedly non-ambient album, so this was a great way for me to ease up on the pedal for a while.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:55 pm Lovely. Will check the album out :)
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, tcc. Glad you liked it, and I hope you enjoyed the album :)

Excellent choice of sounds and the mix is, to my ears, right on the money.
At the end I would have preferred a little more crescendo - drama to compliment the long and beautiful buildup.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

sbj wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:59 pm Excellent choice of sounds and the mix is, to my ears, right on the money.
At the end I would have preferred a little more crescendo - drama to compliment the long and beautiful buildup.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, sbj. Glad you liked it :)

I was playing the dynamics of the buildup off against overloading the reverb with too many notes. I thought it was getting a little messy, so I decided to back off a little. I will probably take another look at this in the near future. I think tightening up the EQs on here would buy me some more "headroom".

Return to “Music Cafe”