Aspect 1.6

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any other changes besides the new preset browser?
My webcomic that has absolutely nothing to do with music, plugins, technology or football: http://friedcheeseballs.com/start

Yes, there are quite a lot of new additions, although most of them are a bit 'behind-the-scenes' rather than particularily exciting new features. A brief summary:
  • • 64-bit Audio Unit for Mac OS X.
    • 64-bit VST for Windows.
    • Much faster UI response.
    • Various host compatibility fixes.
    • Slight CPU usage improvement.
    • Additional presets, as well as improvements to the existing presets.
    • Improved header menu system: "New" (as in, create new preset) is now on a button by itself rather than tucked away on the File menu. The MIDI Learn options have been moved out of the Options menu and into their own MIDI menu.
And there are also several minor improvements as a result of the preset browser, including lower memory usage, and much faster start-up times. And also a few minor bug fixes too.

I do have some exciting new features planned for Aspect 1.7. I would have liked to included a few more things in this release, but the general opinion from people thus far is that they'd rather have 64-bit support now rather than later. To the best of my knowledge, the new preset browser is the last big architectural change needed to the Loomer framework. Hopefully, going forward, updates will be released in a more timely fashion.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

You have been pretty busy there! I'm going to have to commit to Aspect at some point, though I have more than enough non-free synths atm. Any group buys planned?
My webcomic that has absolutely nothing to do with music, plugins, technology or football: http://friedcheeseballs.com/start

I have indeed been busy: the new preset system has taken a lot longer than originally planned, but it's definitely been worth it. Regarding group buys, currently there is nothing planned in the immediate future, sorry!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Love the new update, everything in the GUI draws a lot quicker and smoother and the preset system is ace. There's a problem with the stereo output in Renoise though, by default it only has one setup as active and if I activate the other one in the routing section I have two mono outs that (optionally) go to two seperate busses, very annoying - this means I can't have stereo out on a single track.

Thanks for the positive feedback, but sorry to hear about the problem!

On the surface, that sounds like it's something that's going to be real easy to fix: what I'm going to do is collect together all these little issues and put out an Aspect 1.6.2 release mid-next week. If you're in absolute desperate need for the fix a little earlier - a gig, or a session, or whatever - let me know and I can sort you with a beta in advance.

However, I can't actually duplicate the bug you mentioned: my Renoise skills are weak, and I have no idea how its routing works! I don't suppose you could either talk me through what I need to do to duplicate this bug, or send me a simple Renoise project that has this problem? Also, could you let me know which version of Renoise, which operating system, and what plugin format (VST, AudioUnit) you are using. Thanks!

Thanks. Well, I'm on Windows XP, and am using the current Renoise v2.5.1, VST obviously.

Okay walkthrough/tutorial:

* Start up Renoise and make sure you have the VST folder set-up correctly @ Edit->Preferences->Plug/Misc.
* Click on the 'Instrument Settings' tab at the bottom, locate the 'VST Instrument Properties' on the right and click on the Instrument popup.
* Select Aspect and try to play some notes with the keys on your keyboard. You can open the editor with 'Ext. Editor', so click on that and load up something stereo.
* Close the editor and click on 'Setup Routing', normaly there will be one channel with a stereo icon (you know, the one with two circles intertwining), notice that there are two mono channels and only one is activated. If you really want, you can pan two channels hard left and right.

Hope that does it.

Great: thanks for the detailed walk-through, I've now managed to duplicate the problem. Should have this fixed today ready for next week's build. I'll keep you updated...

Ok, we have a fix! This will appear in next week's Aspect 1.6.2. Thanks again for letting us know about this. It's no problem to do you a quick beta DLL, so if you want to grab it a bit early, just drop me a PM with your email address and I can sort you out.

Return to “Loomer”