possible osc bug

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I have osc 2 set to FM modulate osc 1 there is no difference in sound from osc 1 when changing the octave between -2 and -3 octaves in osc 2

it behaves the same vice versa

Which version of Aspect are you using? I know this was a problem in version 1.5, but as far as I know it was fixed in 1.6 - I've just tried it here with 1.6.2 and it seems to work as expected.

If you are experiencing this problem with Aspect 1.6, could you let me know which operating system and plugin format you are using, and also send me a preset that demonstrates this problem.

If this issue is still present, I'll try to get a fixed build out this week. Thanks.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

It was happening on 1.6.1 but I didn't try the update yet

That's interesting: I could have sworn it was fixed in 1.6. Could you try the update, and if you are still having problems, would it be possible for you to provide the information requested above? Thanks.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

That problem is fixed in the 1.6.2 update. Though something changed in your 1.6x series that causes a terrible crackly static noise to occur about every second when a sound is playing on my acer aspire one (AOA150) netbook that did not happen with the 1.5x. Though I did recently update my win xp through windows update after having last tried 1.5x

It works/sounds fine on my newish asus eee 1001px netbook though

Good to hear the FM pitch modulation bug is fixed, but this new one sounds perplexing. Can I have clarification on a few points:
  • - Are you running Aspect as a VST, RTAS, or Standalone application?
    - Are you running just Aspect, or are there other effects inserted?
    - Does this occur with any preset, or only with certain ones? If possible, could you send me a preset that displays this problem.
    - Are you using the same host / audio driver settings on both your netbooks.
    - Could you record or render out an example mp3 of this static crackling noise?

Looks like the whole noise debacle was a result of my windows update, it was a fresh install and loomer was the first thing I tried and I wasn't thinking clearly.

Though I went back to my other computer and tried the 1.6.1 aspect and found that the bug I referred to before wasn't there! But the 1.5series FM didn't work at all for me so I'm confident the -2/-3 octave FM bug was happening on version 1.6.1 and it was probably just chance that I had it set up in a way so that it occurred.

Great, thanks for letting me know. If the problem does re-occur, just bump this thread and I'll take another look at it.

Return to “Loomer”