!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Where's the download ? It sounds great :)

Yeah, it's NAMM time - perfect for releasing at least a beta or demo :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Ummm, Beta :) By the way, Colin, are you still planning to offer beta at a reduced price?

He can charge the original full price now, after inflation it will actually be a reduced price haha
Duh

colin@loomer wrote:I've been doing some profiling tests, just to ensure that everything still ticks along nicely. On my test machine, a five year-old MacBook, and using the most heavyweight macro I've built - an ADSR envelope sourced from about 150 individual modules - I'm pleased that total CPU usage of this macro is only about 0.4%: pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things.

The most heavyweight built-in modules, the sequencers, tend to take a similar amount. Instances of both the poly and mono step sequencers, for example, have been seen to use about 0.2% each.

The other weighty module, the lua script, which is in itself fairly lightweight, depends largely on what the script is actually doing. There are plenty of lua optimisation tips around, using locals instead of globals, etc, and you can tweak the performance a little more by setting the required size of the memory pool available to each script. As a precaution, if the script appears to take too long - perhaps an accidental infinite loop - it will be forcibly stopped, to ensure that the graph keeps flowing. In this case, the forcible termination will appear in the console, informing you to fix your script! Lua scripts will also be forcibly terminated if they fail twice consecutively.

So, all looking good CPU-usage wise, and I've still several performance tweaks to implement post release.
Now if you can just get a HUI mapper in there some how, we can use Maschine hardware as a controller, replace Maschine software entirely and run on Macbook Airs with I5s, so wireless music making on the go for 12 hours or so, I can dream right !!
Duh

Good idea. I've added HUI support onto my (increasingly lengthy) 'things to look at for future versions' list!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

HUI support is one thing, I'm talking about a two way HUI mapper, so we can work out what HUI mapping NI have done (Or any manufacturer) and then remap those controls to whatever, but also have the two way for feedback to Maschines screens and LEDs
Probably not so easy, buuuuuut, would turn 'whatever its called' in to the ultimate VST wrapper and have a bloody good go at getting right what is wrong with Kontrol and VIP (Tied to terrible hardware)
Also it would breath life in to old controllers that can be picked up cheap
"Oh yes i use 'blah' by Loomer, It has it's own native hardware caller Kore, and i can add extra Kores to give me more controls as i need them" hahahahaha
Duh

When this gets released and many more people take notice, I wonder how many new ideas and requests for implementation will start coming in! :hihi:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Hello.

artfwo wrote:
are you still planning to offer beta at a reduced price?

Hope that we long time waiters get a very very very special price???

HunterKiller wrote:
how many new ideas and requests for implementation will start coming in!

More interesting for me were what are your ideas to build with the new !Epoch?

Here are some of mine:
Klee Seqs
Gate Seqs with seperate gateouts per step
Matrix Seqs with different read outs
MultiHead Seqs with different read outs
Cellurar Automata Seqs
Chua Circuit Seqs
Turing Seqs
Pattern Generator Seqs
Euclidean Seqs
just to name a few

best
jue
Located in the European Outback

and why not a Seq cigale ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:
and why not a Seq cigale

Made a reseach at freesound but found no usefull basic track for this kind of sequ.
If you have some sounds I am into this kind of Sequ

BTW:
A Morse Sequ will be also very useful!
Located in the European Outback

Is it scheduled to be released in this year?

firepile wrote:Is it scheduled to be released in this year?
"It is scheduled to be released every year, James"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-4OslOMtM

(Sorry, couldn't resist ;-) )

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Hope it will be released soon. If its not a problem on cpu I don't see the point to make it more efficient prior the first release. Maybe I'm wrong but I get the feeling he wants everything perfect already from start, or maybe its very buggy then its understandable.

jue wrote:are you still planning to offer beta at a reduced price?
Absolutely!
jue wrote:More interesting for me were what are your ideas to build with the new !Epoch?

Here are some of mine:
Klee Seqs ...
I love the Klee. And it's easy to build something similar in !Epoch because it has all the bitwise processing modules you'd need.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”