Loomer Architect: A modular MIDI toolkit

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Beta is out, see the thread here.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Any upcoming videos, or are there videos available already, that I might have missed?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Videos would be wicked. Just downloaded the beta, (haven't installed yet). Really don't have a danny what this does, other than allow for sophisticated manipulation of midi data, with an emphasis on modularity and coding. A whole set of tutorials, that explains what's possible, going from basic, intermediary through to advanced would be really helpful.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

Happy New Year!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Wondering if Temper is useful in combination with Architect
http://www.angryredplanet.com/temper/index.html
A midi oriented sequencer and DAW.
Free! Only 32 bit.

Edit: I believe it is standalone and VST and can host VST's.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, Temper is free now. I remember looking at that years ago and thinking it was ace.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Temper, the only Daw I fell in love with :(
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Of course wouldn’t you know that my copy of “Step by Step: Adventures in Sequencing with Max/MSP” arrives the very same day that the Architect public beta is finally released. :dog:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

All the excitement and enthusiasm is contagious.
Got the bug. Now I need to get the cure.

For me I really need preset to get started and randomizers to get the variations.
Randomizers in the Absynth tradition then I check out the knobs and sliders
to experiment.

Likely will get the cure soon, before the price goes up.

Hallo, I'm a newbie to this. I have a simple question. How do I connect a synth plugin in the mixer with a midi sequencer like for example the step sequencer? Thank you!

1. Go to the mixer view and add a new track
  2. Drop the plugin you want to use onto the new track
  3. Go to the graph view and insert the type of sequencer you want (From the MIDI Source category)
  4. Insert a MIDI output module (From the Output category)
  5. Connect the sequencer to the MIDI out module
  6. Go to the properties of the MIDI out module and select the track that has your plugin on it as the destination

Delta Sign wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:01 am
  1. Go to the mixer view and add a new track
  2. Drop the plugin you want to use onto the new track
  3. Go to the graph view and insert the type of sequencer you want (From the MIDI Source category)
  4. Insert a MIDI output module (From the Output category)
  5. Connect the sequencer to the MIDI out module
  6. Go to the properties of the MIDI out module and select the track that has your plugin on it as the destination
Thank you VERY much, Delta Sign! The Midi Output module part was not clear to me. Instead I thought I could route the sequencer directly to the track. Now it works! :party:

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:09 am All the excitement and enthusiasm is contagious.
Got the bug. Now I need to get the cure.

For me I really need preset to get started and randomizers to get the variations.
Randomizers in the Absynth tradition then I check out the knobs and sliders
to experiment.

Likely will get the cure soon, before the price goes up.
That's exactly right! I also need examples and templates to understand such an exciting and complex program!

Colin, can you provide some templates for download in a short time?

For example, I can't find a way to integrate and manipulate external Midi files (importing was no problem)?

a musician friend of mine came over my place a few days ago and i showed him Architect.

is eyes almost fell out of their sockets when i showed him what the sequencers could do.
he bought it yesterday after trying it out for after days. :tu:

Thanks for spreading the word; much appreciated!

Return to “Loomer”