Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am playing around with the demo at work - albeit with no sound! This thing looks deep! The possibilities with the mono step sequencer alone are quite staggering!

I can't wait to get home tomorrow and fire this up inside Bitwig. My intuition tells me that Bitwig + Architect = an absolute sonic laboratory :hihi:

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:26 am Not sure, Tom. Could you hold fire in this and I'll check with Fastspring tomorrow? Well, later today, but you know what I mean!
Of course! No problem at all.
We were out on the patio having a new-year fire...
This place is magic.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Anny way to actually hear the notes while drawing/selecting them ?
PLaying works fine
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Loaded up fine in 10.12.6 here.

I can totally understand why it took so long , it is really worth the wait >
Still a few issues that I can't seem to figure out , is how to send midi cc to external hardware .
I thought it would be aux(from any sequencer ) over midi out , but no luck ,

Also , how to enter longer notes (tied ) , and re-trigger individual steps
Inividual note delay (built in sequencers )...?
No mouse wheel suppport ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:26 am Not sure, Tom. Could you hold fire in this and I'll check with Fastspring tomorrow? Well, later today, but you know what I mean!
I would also like to make a purchase with my vat id. Would be great if you could activate a vat deduction. Thank you!

How can i load a midi file to then process within Architect?
what you don't know only makes you stronger

MIDI Source > MIDI Player is probably the module you want for that.

Man, I've been following the development of this closely since it was first announced, and I'm still surprised by how good this is. I just tried Architect for a few minutes, but I can already tell it's absolutely amazing.
I really like the slick design as well. Everything looks great and seems to be very intuitive so far.

The hard work was definitely worth it! Congrats on the release!

Anyway, here is the very first amazing thing I made :hihi:

Every 1/8th it has a 50% chance of playing a random note from the C minor scale between C3 and C4. Amazing, isn't it? :hihi:

Congrats again, Colin! I think you really created something great here!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:23 am Anny way to actually hear the notes while drawing/selecting them ?
PLaying works fine
Not yet, but easily done. I'll add it to the request list.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:03 am Still a few issues that I can't seem to figure out , is how to send midi cc to external hardware
Built-in > MIDI Process > pack controller. Connect this to a MIDI out.

If you're struggling to figure it out, I can know up a quick example.
Also , how to enter longer notes (tied ) , and re-trigger individual steps
If the gate is at maximum, it will tie into the next note. To retrigger steps, put the count up from 1. To skip them, put it to 0.
Inividual note delay (built in sequencers )...?
Depends what you want here. You can use the speed parameter to lengthen or shorten notes - basically coming off the meter - or maybe use an aux output to a MIDI delay.
No mouse wheel suppport ?
There is for rotary controls, etc. Which components do you think should also have mouse-wheel support?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

woggle wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:01 am How can i load a midi file to then process within Architect?
Import it in the MIDI Files window. Play the file with Built-in > MIDI Source > MIDI player.

Delta Sign wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:26 am Anyway, here is the very first amazing thing I made :hihi:

Every 1/8th it has a 50% chance of playing a random note from the C minor scale between C3 and C4. Amazing, isn't it? :hihi:

Great job! Honestly, I'm surprised people are managing to build things that good after just a few hours.

Delta Sign wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:26 am MIDI Source > MIDI Player is probably the module you want for that.

Man, I've been following the development of this closely since it was first announced, and I'm still surprised by how good this is. I just tried Architect for a few minutes, but I can already tell it's absolutely amazing.
I really like the slick design as well. Everything looks great and seems to be very intuitive so far.

The hard work was definitely worth it! Congrats on the release!

Anyway, here is the very first amazing thing I made :hihi:

thanks and nice :)
I am also a bit blown away at how good this is - not trivial but will definitely yield rewards - just that little thing i mentioned earlier of modulating the Multiply parameter for the mono sequencer (using a few sequencers) gives something with a lot of potential. Your probability thing can be expanded so much and now you have figured it out to this stage that won't take all that much to develop however you want.

Soman wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:48 am I would also like to make a purchase with my vat id.
I've contacted FastSpring, who do the shop backend. Ball is in there court, but I will follow up if I've not heard back shortly.

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:42 am
woggle wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:01 am How can i load a midi file to then process within Architect?
Import it in the MIDI Files window. Play the file with Built-in > MIDI Source > MIDI player.
thanks _ I will try that. Ultimately I want to do more than play, eg apply processes to the file to generate a new file based on the original eg shuffle timing and pitch independently

Return to “Loomer”