Plasmonic

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a vst called plasmonic ( zygomatic software ..creator of absynth ) which refuses to play inside architect , it's a vst 3 plugin
Dropping the dll into the mixer loads it , but no audio output
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Ooh, is that out now? OK, I'll take a look. (I assume you're still on Windows, right? No need to reply unless I'm wrong about this.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Any news on this ?
Eyeball exchanging

In progress. I've reproduced the issue for myself.

My observations so far: For some reason Architect seems to think that Plasmonic has 0 audio output channels, which obviously isn't an ideal state of affairs for a synth plug-in. I've yet to work out if this is because that is what Plasmonic is reporting, or because there is a bug in the way I'm reading channel information, or maybe I need to query and enable some VST3 buses to get the audio outputs working.

Leave it with me: I'll have more to report by this time tomorrow.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

The issue was that Plasmonic was not enabling its main output bus by default. On the one hand, I've not seen any other plug-ins behave like this (suggesting a Plasmonic bug.) On the other, this doesn't occur in other hosts (suggesting an Architect bug.)

So I've made a change, and now, when instantiating a plug-in, Architect will check if the primary input and output buses are disabled, and if not, enable them. The result: Plasmonic produces audio (and sounds really good too, I must add.)

I can't see this change affecting other plug-ins, because as I said, every other plug-in I've tried has always enabled the main bus itself to begin with. But if you're willing to be a guinea pig, I can upload you a fixed build and you can try for yourself?

Thanks for reporting this.

Maybe contact the developer Brian Clevinger as to why that happened ?
Eyeball exchanging

Good idea: I'll do just that.

Discussing the issue with the developer now: I'll update the thread when I have more information.

Brian's fixing it. Apparently, there are a few other minor bus output issues in certain other hosts too.

Hello Colin,
the fantastic Softube Mutronics does not open. VST, VST3, (AU blocklist)
Still have Mac OS10.9, but it works in Plogue Bidule.
Best Heinz.

veloheinz wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:04 am Softube Mutronics does not open ...
Looks like there is a demo, so I'll try for myself and get back to you if I need any further information. Thanks for reporting this.

Return to “Loomer”