midipads in ableton

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been searching for this plug-in and really LOVE the concept.. but for the life of me i am not getting it to send CC messages in ableton..
The VST is loaded...
The Midi Remote is turned ON for all inputs in the midi setup...
yet when i go to midimap to the pads.. I get no mapping... :|

if anyone can help this techtard out i would really appreciate it.. til then, i'm just going to peruse forums and pull my hair out..

green beans and copywrong to all and to all a good day!

You need to use a midi loopback device (virtual midi port) to send the midi from midiPads out of Live and receive it again. I use loopMIDI for this.

I don't have Live installed here, but from memory it should work like this:

- Track 1 has midiPads on it
- Track 2 receives midi from Track 1/midiPads and outputs it to a virtual midi output port. This track should have monitoring turned on.

Then Live will receive the midi on the corresponding virtual midi input port.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Thanks Piz.
will give it a try.. and when i get it truely figured out.. i'll make a quick vid tutorial on it for the info. thanks for the quick response.

aM

OK.. Got it all set up and its working fine..

The reason i wanted to get this set up is to be able to use my Wacom Tablet as a midi control device for ableton during live sets. 64 custom buttons and sliders is way more than enough to rig a sweet 2 hour set!

I would suggest using an external Midihost (I chose minihost) to launch midiPads on a separate monitor so you have ultimate control without having to have the Track open to operate. (in ableton without an external midihost, If you want to assign a pad to ..lets just say.. tweak the cutoff on a track other than the one midiPads is on, you wont be able to assign it.. i'll demonstrate this in the tutorial.)

I'll be working on that tutorial i promised and as soon as i have it posted i'll send it to this forum. Use it freely on your site Piz.. thanks for such a great product!

artMonger

Finished the introduction tutorial video. I'll be posting more as soon as i finish them. There will probably be 5-10 total vids as to be thorough.. I hate tutorials that are really hard to comprehend.. so i'm going to try my best to cover all the bases.

Thanks again "the PIZ" and like i said, you can post these on your site as well.

The First Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDKdlprh ... LeoKdlQhIG[/url]

Finally watched it with the sound on... looking forward to more. Cool music too.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Thanks Piz.. Holidays are holding me back a bit, will have the next few up soon.

artMonger

Hey Piz.. Its been a while.. and this project got pushed to the side a bit. but i have the second Tutorial Vid up.. Let me know what you think.

http://youtu.be/hZPmn0y5Y7I

Return to “Insert Piz Here”