The ultimate Omnisphere load times

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks, for the first time in years I'm going PC as the mac now lives at work. I'm after building a PC purely for Komplete Kontrol and Omnisphere... and things have changed in the time I've been away!

Load times of my Omnisphere/Trilian VIP library are the key here. I want patch loads to be as near instant as possible in Tracktion. I want to think of this as a hardware synth unit, once built never changed.

Of Komplete, I'm only interested in Massive, FM8, Absynth, Battery, Guitar rig FX and a few of the Pinknoise Kontakt libraries/ Reaktor ensembles.

I'm thinking an i7 (kaby lake) 7700T passive silent pc from Scan, not building this one myself. Thinking of spec.. a 500GB NVMe for OS, Tracktion, the bits of Komplete I want and Spectrasonics folders. 16GB of DDR4 2400. 500GB SSD for Battery kits and a few select Kontakt libraries. Audio projects will live on the SSD as I work on them.

I keep my projects small, often no more than 8-12 channels with synths and insert fx, backup externally individually once finished. Is this kickass enough for my needs? Will the NVMe drive be a worthwhile extra cost for Omnisphere loads? Hmmm, my head is spinning with the tech and the possibilities!

All opinions gratefully received. Cheers, Dan
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Even my standard ssd makes a huge difference in load times. Preview loading is still a great speed enhancement for patch-surfing. Addng 'Lite' will get you there even faster :tu:

NME is the fastest way to go.

That's great to hear. Thanks!
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”