5 Essential Caliburn Tones For Recording Survivalist

Official support for: kuassa.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8MD51vGUoM
1. Natural Clean Air

A tone for your everyday usual needs.

When you need to get a fresh air and start a new project or just jamming your favorite chord progressions.

2. Your Sharp Crunch

A nice sharp crunchy tone for your brit pop – rock rhythm parts.

Instead of constantly tweaking your amp to fit you new arrangement , just load this classic and continue to record!

3. First AID Solo Tone.

Each song almost always ends with a guitar solo. So, just plug your guitar and start rocking. No further processing power needed! It’s just your first AID Solo guitar tone

4. Ballad Fire Starter

We always feel warmer when a good ballad starts from a new CD.

The Chorus adds more heat to the firepit and our guitar sounds like, that well known place in your hearts.

5. Storm Rhythm

Sometimes a forecast predicts a storm coming and then your simple answer is to push everything . Your Humbucker guitar and your amp are monsters that should be tamed down!
Download the presets at:
https://dimitones.wordpress.com/2019/01 ... rvivalist/
Last edited by dimitar on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caliburn has pretty much become my goto amp, i use it almost exclusively now. it's so easy to come up with great tones with it (especially paired with Kuassa stomps!), and it's the first amp where i find myself backing off the gain knob and going for the clean/crunchy sounds way more than i usually do so.

also, i've since warmed up to the JCM900 and use it regularly now :) you were right - it is a "proper high gain amplifier" in the sense that, unlike the JTM45 and JCM800, it reacts very predictably to knob movements and to stomp pedals.

as in, with the other two amps, you don't really know what will happen if you turn a knob (for example, turning up master volume on JCM800 not only adds gain, but also emphasizes high end - almost too much), but with JCM900 it's way easier to tweak the sound - if you want "same, but more/less gain", you can just do it and not worry about throwing off the frequency balance like on the other two amps. where JTM45 and JCM800 feel kind of "loose", JCM900 feels more "controlled", and its darker tone can be well compensated for by the Kuassa stomps. i still don't think it's a good standalone amp, but it works quite well in tandem with overdrive/distortion pedals.

then again, the other two amps were the first amps ever that made me play with the input volume knob - precisely because the gain/master/EQ knobs all react unpredictably, so when i need "that tone but more/less gain", the only option is to turn up/down the input!

anyway, i'm rambling now. Caliburn is awesome :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Wow! What a detailed explanation :)
Love it! Yes, Amp controls are really tied up together.

Thanks 😀😍

Return to “Kuassa”