B5 not working with Hammond XK3

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, my first post here. I just bought the B5 v2 but the XK midi mapping is not working properly. I've selected the correct mapping from the drop-down list and it sees the keyboards and swell pedal but the drawbars don't function and neither do any of the switches. If I move a drawbar (any) the 1' drawbar moves to a random point and stays there. I'm using Windows 10 and a Surface Pro 4 with Cantabile 3. Anyone got this to work?

Thanks

Worst case scenario, try the MIDI Learn mode and send Acoustic Samples the mapping.

Some success! MidiKarval Drawbar Mapper for the drawbars, and PizMidi NRPN to CC converter for the perc, chorus etc.. The only thing I can't get to work is the Vibrato Selector. It will make one jump from C3 to C1 (using CC73) but doesn't recognise the other variable midi numbers sent by the XK3. Still, it means I can use the XK3 and give the B5 a proper evaluation.

Anyone else here using XK3(c) or SK series with the B5?

Less success than I thought... using Midikarval and Pizmidi results in some strange behaviour. When I hold a 4-note chord in the right hand on the top manual (midi Ch1) and then arpeggio up the lower part of that manual, one by one the chord notes disappear! This doesn't seem to happen on the lower manual (midi ch2). This makes the B5 pretty much unusable with the XK3 as turning off Midikarval and Pizmidi (NRPN-CC convertor) means no more drawbar/switch control.

What's needed is a proper implementation of midi compatibility with the XK/SK series. Shame, as I think the sound is great.

I discovered that note information must be suppressed in MidiKarval Drawbar Mapper (I'm using Cantabile so the MidiKarval channel can have its own filter). The disappearing notes in B5 is now solved.

Arno from Acoustic Samples has been very helpful and pointed out that the XK series (nrpn midi) issue is because UVIworkstation doesn't recogise this format correctly and is hoping for a fix in a future update from UVI. Control issues aside, the B5 is sounding great through my Leslie 147.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”