B5 V3 Strangness

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

I'm using B5 (V3) under Falcon 2.1.1 in GigPerformer 3.8. (Should be the latest of everything.)

I create my rackspace and everything is good. Some time later, I come back the rackspace (usually in a new session of Gig Performer later in the day, but sometimes after working on other rackspaces and saving the Gig Performer session) and I cannot get sound out of B5.

When I open Falcon from within GigPerformer, I can see the MIDI light respond to keyboard playing (although Falcon's audio meters for B5 do not move). If I add another sound/part into Falcon, I get audio from that new part (but not from B5). If I double-click on the B5 file to reload it into its existing slot, I will get audio back again.

So, bottom-line, B5 suddenly stops producing audio until I reload it into Falcon (when Falcon is in plug-in mode).

Anyone else run into this? I can record a video the next time it happens if that would be helpful.

Cheers!

Have you asked this question on the Gig Performer forums? https://community.gigperformer.com

No, I can...but it seems nothing but B5 V3 is exhibiting this behavior (even B5 V2 never did this). That's why I started here. :)

But yeah, I'll post there and see if there are more troubleshooting steps to follow.

Ah, fair enough

Just get the latest version, we updated it to a V3.0.1 recently which should fix a bug that sounds very similar to this.
Also maybe check in the leslie panel if all top left volume knobs are at the correct value.

One last thing, are you getting a red border around the interface when you reload it? If so, then that's a script issue. Maybe just try to download the latest version first to see if that fixes it, if not, i'll need the script log, but maybe in that case, submit a ticket, it's going to be easier than here.

midiotlv wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:21 pm Hello!

I'm using B5 (V3) under Falcon 2.1.1 in GigPerformer 3.8. (Should be the latest of everything.)

I create my rackspace and everything is good. Some time later, I come back the rackspace (usually in a new session of Gig Performer later in the day, but sometimes after working on other rackspaces and saving the Gig Performer session) and I cannot get sound out of B5.

When I open Falcon from within GigPerformer, I can see the MIDI light respond to keyboard playing (although Falcon's audio meters for B5 do not move). If I add another sound/part into Falcon, I get audio from that new part (but not from B5). If I double-click on the B5 file to reload it into its existing slot, I will get audio back again.

So, bottom-line, B5 suddenly stops producing audio until I reload it into Falcon (when Falcon is in plug-in mode).

Anyone else run into this? I can record a video the next time it happens if that would be helpful.

Cheers!
I am having exactly the same problem even in version 3.0.17 of B5. I was creating my live rig in Ableton Live 10 during last few months and until now, I have to reload all B5 plugins (I have more than 20 in that session) before I can use it without any issues. Red border around the plugin appears, which I found has to do something with the script and user modifications of the plugin and it simply stops producing sound, sometimes even in the middle of playing.

So I thought, maybe different plugin host may fix it... That isn't the case, I have an active 14 day Gig Performer trial and the same problem appears as well while I am making a copy of my live set in this software... I tried everything from reinstalling it, updating it, moving it to a different drive, not using presets within B5 that I have for all my songs, instead making them from the default preset and not saving it anywhere - nothing works. I am forced to move back to V2.5 of B5, which worked perfectly back when I only used Ableton 10 Live for my live set and I am about to do the same thing in Gig performer, because I can't really find another way of doing this...

Is there a way to easily fix it? Or do I have to wait until future updates and rely on V2 of B5 to be 100% certain that all my organ sounds will work in a live situation?

Thank you for writing this post, I was looking into this issue for weeks and thought noone else is having problems with the new, but truly amazing version of the B5 vst, so I thought it was a problem on my side. Now I am quite certain that the issue has to be somewhere in the script, but my knowledge is too short to fix such a thing.

Thanks for taking your time and cheers!

A red border around the interface is definitely a script error.
So please create a support ticket and include as much info as you can including a MIDI file that can reproduce this if you have one.
Also make sure you have the very latest version. As i mentioned above, there has been fixes and the current version is v3.0.2 (i don't know where you got the 3.0.17 version number. But you should definitely get the 3.0.2.

I'd like to add myself to this thread. I use B5v3 with Cantabile 3 Performer and have (occasionally) the same issue. The B5 will, strangely, stop producing sound (I can see MIDI activity from my Keyboard and Rack containing the B5). I can remedy issue by exiting & reloading Cantabile (worse case), loading a different Song in Cantabile or reloading the B5v3 in the UVI interface. I have yet been able to figure what has triggered the failure and, although I am not playing publicly at this time (something about a rampant non-Windows 10 virus :? ). I absolutely love the B5 (prefer it over the VB3II and the IKMultimedia B3X Demo), but do not feel totally confidant that it won't fail during a performance.

I'll check the exact version that I have installed tomorrow (2240 is getting late for a 71yo :wink: )

Windows 10 (Latest Upgrade)
Lenovo Laptop with Intel i7 (and more than adequate CPU Speed and Memory)
2GB SSD

If you manage to find out what creates the bugn let me know and it's also important that you use the very latest version of the B5 V3, since the V3 release, we have made quite a few small bug fixes.
The issue mentioned above is something else because it happens all the time at the reload of a session created with a previous version. And btw, this issue is fixed in the very latest version of UVI Workstation that was released yesterday, so you should try to update it as well.

Thank you so much for reminding us regarding the new UVI update. It really seems to have fixed the whole issue! I am testing it for the last two days and it looks to be promising. After loading my Gig Performer gig file, all my B5 V3 plugins now seem to start and then work with no problem, hope it stays this way, so I can finally use this great plugin with confidence.

Cheers!

I'm also having similar issues running the B5 in Pro Tools 2021.12.0. The B5 mutes intermittently on MIDI playback. They suggested I update the UVI to the latest version 3.1.8 but that made no difference. I've never had a virtual instrument this problematic before. Nicholas at tech support has been super nice but they don't have a solution for this issue and they claim not to be able to reproduce the problem.

The company/Nicholas has not responded to my last two emails from over a month ago. I think they just know it's broken and they are not doing anything about it. Sucks!

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem even in version 3.0.2 of B5 in Cubase 12.0.52. I use Mac mini m1 16GB RAM. Mac OS Monterey 12.6.3. Standalone version work great, but in my DAW no...

Return to “AcousticsampleS”