Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Win 7 x64 Cubase Pro 8.05
Desktop HP Envy 810-135qe, 32 GB RAM, i7 3.50 GHz

Purchased full version of RC.

RC continues to crash almost immediately after selecting it as a VST... it also continues to cycle (endlessly) when opening in stand alone, and never opens.

Seems to have a multitude of instability issues. If this continues as is, I am not sure what I will be able to do but wait until another version update arrives to hopefully fix these multivariate issues.

Screenshots forthcoming.

GH
----
PC: Windows 7 Pro x64 / i7-5960X / 64 GB
DAW: Cubase 8 Pro v8.0.0
Hardware: Virus TI2 Darkstar, Novation Bass Station II
----

Hi Graeme,

The quick solution is starting RC as an Administrator. All stability issues will be gone.
The not-so-quick solution is reinstalling RC by starting the installer as an Administrator.

This behavior is a mystery to me. Normally RC need not be run with Administrator privileges.
While hundreds of windows users use RC without issues, you are the third user who experiences this. RC will start crashing badly, and it won't load some composition files. It happened today, that another user (Richard) who reported the same issues on this forum tried this solution and it worked.
I am not certain but it is possible that some rights are not set properly during installation.
I have no explanation why the program becomes unstable. There is one sign which should be suspicious: when you attempt to drop a MIDI file over RapidComposer, it won't work. This is an indication that there is something wrong with user rights (different privileges than what is Explorer started with).

Believe me, RC is rock solid on Windows.
I hope it will work better when you try this.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Yes, it's good to run other programs as administrator also if you experience problems with them. I do it with Studio One.

Attila,

FYI, I typically install with Admin Rights... I attempted again without a positive result.

When opening in Standalone Mode the Program Error states, "Impossible to record because the audio input is not active. Open the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex setup dialog. Make sure that a device is selected in the Input Ports section and that its check box is activated."

I will next check the VST setup in Cubase 8... crossing my fingers.

Thanks,

GH
----
----

Attila,

Also - Various words from the program are being "left behind" on my desktop after I close the program... so, if a sub-section from RC's program says "Open Chord Palette" and one closes the program it is burned into the screen until you close Cubase!! I've even had to restart my computer for it to disappear.

GH
----
----

Hello Attila,

just to make things clear:

- after giving the updated RC Standalone Administrator rights again (could that not be integrated in the installation process ? Most other programs do that) drag and drop of midifiles and opening of project in the standalone version that I have made in the VST version works again

- I had to change the authorization for the vst dll too which is (at least for me) a little more complicated then for the standalone exe.

- crashing Tracktion as soon as I try to drag RC to a rack HAS NOT STOPPED. So for me RC is NOT USEABLE IN TRACKTION

- Attila, I am sorry but i definitely cant sign "rock solid on Windows" (I have win 7 64, all versions RC/daw/VST run on 32 bit, old pc but new board intel core I3, 8 gb ram) cause crashes have not stopped after running as administrator

- one repeatable examples when changing the values in the phrase inspector of the melody phrase generator (havent checked other generator) after a while RC just freezes and have to be closed

- lots of other (at the moment not yet clearly repeatable) crashes

- lot of questions (for example dealing with idea tool/using kontakt as vst multi) still not answered

Kind regards,

Richard

I never install anything in Program files nor in Program files (x86).

Here is the very descriptive post I've made a while ago to explain my (very simple) method. Very simple but very efficient because since the day I have adopted it I have never met any issue any more relative to rights:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5575605
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

What works best for me is to first "Unblock" the installer. You do this on the properties tab. Right click the file and select "Properties". On this tab you will see the file is "Blocked". Select "Unblock", click "Apply" and then "Ok".

Then, run the installer "As Adminstrator".

I adopted this method since Windows XP and have not had a failed install since. By failed, I mean, I have not had these situations I see encountered by many others with programs causing errors, not opening, etc.

"Unblocking" the file pertains to any download; exe files, msi installers, rar's, everything!

Of course before unblocking any file one should first run a scan to be certain nothing harmful is included. Be carfeul what you download - be certain the site is worthy of your trust.

Read up about Windows and blocked files to learn more about this problem. Do not do what several suggest in those threads though and this is to turn off UAC.

Also, I suggest, do not blame the software when the problem may easily be your system and/or how you use it.

RC has been criticized for a long time and I can say with certainty, RC is not the fault. By this point the bugs have become very few and Attila is on top of these things.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Sorry Attila,

But I too can't push the "I believe" button with regard to the idea that RapidComposer is Windows 7 64B stable... I have encountered more crashes upon installation of RapidComposer than any other program I have owned... Now I believe that the inherent bugs are being worked on but my computer seems to be rejecting RC (completely) and I don't know why. Wish I did. I have performed installation the same as any other installation and I cannot explain the problems that are cropping up. FYI, I uninstalled completely and reinstalled and encountered same problems. Three different times!

I would like to communicate with you offline at some point to attempt to resolve / determine issues or if problems persist to discuss other options.

GH
----
----

Hi Graeme,

can you do a virus check on your PC, all files? When you wrote that RC leaves parts of the user interface on the screen after it was closed, I thought there was something very wrong with your PC. This symptom is typical when a PC is infected.

Can you check the following: try to drop a .MID file on the RapidComposer window (any part of the window). Does it work?

Is there any special software installed on your PC that has to do with UI, or user rights?
Please e-mail me to info@m....developments.com.
We'll try to solve this issue.

Attila

I found a serious issue during installation under Windows. If you install from a non-administrator account, your administrator password is asked (to let the installer copy files to "Program Files"), but from this point the data files are copied into the administrator AppData directory instead of the non-administrator AppData directory. Which is a big problem. :bang:

I do not know yet how to fix this in the installer, but this will be fixed ASAP.

Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi Graeme,

can you do a virus check on your PC, all files? When you wrote that RC leaves parts of the user interface on the screen after it was closed, I thought there was something very wrong with your PC. This symptom is typical when a PC is infected.

Can you check the following: try to drop a .MID file on the RapidComposer window (any part of the window). Does it work?

Is there any special software installed on your PC that has to do with UI, or user rights?
Please e-mail me to info@m....developments.com.
We'll try to solve this issue.

Attila
It's not necessarily a virus issue. It can occur when Windows doesn't close all the resources of the application when it is closed. This situation appears sometimes when their is another application running which makes a lot of reads/writes in the RAM during the closing of the application. I have this issue quite often when I'm making conversions of some of my videos in background tasks (with a professional tool). It is easy to see by using Process Explorer. And I use the professional version of Avast.

Windows, even today, is not yet perfect in the management of the RAM.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Hello dsan, hello Blackwinny,

thank you very much for your suggestions. Sorry for late reply, I have tried three times, evry time kvr was gone before I could post reply, hope it will work this time.

Apart from the new bug Attila has found I will try your hints, especially the "unblock" of the update installation file was new for me. And, Blackwinny, I have to do (other installation directory) the same for mulab to work so that makes sense to.

Will be back at my week working home with my music pc at the end of week and then try if it could help any of the issues I had and tell about experiences in here. Thank you again and of course Attila for his never ending cares and efforts. DSAN was really not ment as critic but just frustration when nothing seems to work, hope you can understand this.

Kind regards,

Richard

tatanka wrote:Hello dsan, hello Blackwinny,

thank you very much for your suggestions. Sorry for late reply, I have tried three times, evry time kvr was gone before I could post reply, hope it will work this time.

Apart from the new bug Attila has found I will try your hints, especially the "unblock" of the update installation file was new for me. And, Blackwinny, I have to do (other installation directory) the same for mulab to work so that makes sense to.

Will be back at my week working home with my music pc at the end of week and then try if it could help any of the issues I had and tell about experiences in here. Thank you again and of course Attila for his never ending cares and efforts. DSAN was really not ment as critic but just frustration when nothing seems to work, hope you can understand this.

Kind regards,

Richard
For Mulab, it is even so simple that... its installation is just an unzip anywhere you want. And absolutely everything in its working files and settings (factory as well as user) is in its own subdirectory without anything elsewhere. All that means that it can be moved absolutely anywhere, even in a USB key without any change in its work. It is really the most flexible DAW for that aspect.
:tu:

You can even have several "Mulabs" installed on your computer, as many as you want... they ignore totally each others. With all the neat imaginable consequences: you can have different settings on each one, or different skins (one per Mulab installed), etc. It's all at your imagination...
:hihi:

Hi Attila!
Inspector phrase at me not set a change of program, but all the same program change happens ... Where else can be written change programs and how to disable the program change?
Thank U!
Sincerely lulukom

Return to “MusicDevelopments”