Hover Tips

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to increase the length of time the hover tip stays on, and to control the wait before it shows. At this stage, I need to see them, and I sometimes miss them.

Glenn

I think this is what you want... Go to Settings -> Miscellaneous Tab and scroll all the way to the bottom and be sure Help -> Popup help is set to "long".

Thanks....but I think that is the delay before showing, not the length of time it stays up

Ideally, there would be another parameter, "length of hover"...not too important, but I have been wanting it.

Glenn

It could also be operating system dependent. Meaning, the OS handles that, not, the software. I used to be a programmer and seem to remember something like that.. lol, I say _seem_, because that was a long time ago.. as I retired..

EDIT: I just did a search on this and for Windows, it is part of the OS behavior .. It could be over ridden with a call into the OS, but, probably not really worth the effort to code. (versions of OS, etc..)

The hover tip stays on screen until you move the mouse. So if you leave the mouse over an a control, it will be displayed for a long time, until you move the mouse.
Good to know: to avoid the help accidentally and annoyingly appearing again and again at the same place, it is not allowed to show the help twice, one after the other for the same UI element. If you want to see the same help again, move the mouse over a different UI element, then return to the first element again.

BluGenes, you are right when it is about an application using Windows gadgets. RapidComposer uses a custom portable UI engine, which handles all rendering, layout, animations, compositing, mouse event handling tasks itself, as well as showing a pop-up help window.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”