Which Shreddage is right for me? Product comparison chart?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I have been using Shreddage 3 Stratus for about 9 months and have gotten pretty familiar with it.

I see there is a sale going on and am wondering if any of the instruments do power chord slides and octave chords, maybe even octave chord slides. Any of them do any other kind of chords with key switches?

Is there a product comparison chart available?
I’m curious if there’s features I would like that I don’t even know I need yet.

Thanks!

This lets you see all the guitars on one page with quick details on each, however a comparison chart w/ more details is definitely something we should do. It's on my list.

https://impactsoundworks.com/series/shreddage-3-series/

S3 Hydra, Legacy, and Jupiter both do powerchord slides. None of our guitars have octave slides as a pre-recorded articulation. However, if you play notes in an octave and then play portamento, you can create your own octave slides that way (and it sounds pretty good!) Likewise with other pre-recorded chord types. We prefer to focus on making it sound good to write your own chords.

6-string guitars
Besides Stratus, we also have Archtop. This is a mellow, hollowbody guitar great for jazz, blues, and cleaner playing styles. It has two pickups and a smooth sound. Besides our standard variety of articulations, it has both natural *and* artificial harmonics, as well as thumbed octaves, which are lots of fun to play. It also has multiple dynamics, like Stratus.

Legacy is on the other side of the spectrum, a down-tuned guitar (low Bb) - an SG Standard - with a very aggressive sound. It is less expensive than other guitars because it was created from the original Shreddage 1 sample pool, re-tuned and re-pitched offline to fill out a full set of samples. It sounds great, though!

7-string guitars
Note that all of these are upgrades from the Shreddage 2 series, and thus feature one pickup, and no dynamics, but the same articulation and RR detail. Given their metal focus, the lack of subtle dynamics is not a big deal.

Jupiter (formerly Shreddage 2) was our previous flagship. It has a full, dark, rich tone and excels at chuggy palm mutes. The guitar sampled was a Musicman JP12 7-string.

Rogue (formerly Shreddage 2 IBZ) features an Ibanez RG model. It has a bright, biting, aggressive tone, with tight palm mutes, and excels at lead playing.

Serpent (formerly Shreddage 2 SRP) sits in the middle of Jupiter and Rogue, with a balanced tone that works for a wide variety of genres.

8-string guitars
Hydra is our flagship metal guitar now. It is sampled in superb detail with multiple dynamics and crystal-clear Fishman Fluence pickups (two positions recorded). If you want to write in super low-tuned genres with a surprisingly flexible tone, Hydra is the answer.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Thanks for the reply! I’m leaning toward Legacy as I’ma huge SG fan, some of my fav players use one. The big thing is the power chord slides. Thanks again!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”