Two Requests for Shreddage Series

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this vs. an email to support, but I do see EvilDragon and Andrew posting here occasionally, so:

The Shreddage v3 engine is really fantastic - there are two features I feel are missing, vs. competitors:

1. Custom Chords - in 2 competitors’ products that I use, you’re able to indicate the exact chord you want to play at the exact frets via either a chord diagram or tablature. You assign each custom chord to a key, and then assign a strum to a key (or in Shreddage’s case, you could use one of the strum keys from Strumming Mode). I realize that Shreddage was originally intended for lead playing, but it’s definitely evolving to a rhythm monster as well, and it’s evident you all are embracing that, via the addition of Strumming Mode in v3.

2. Alternate/Custom Tunings - in 2 competitors’ products I use, you can set custom alternate tunings. One of the products just lets you choose from a list of alternate tunings, while the other actually lets you tune each individual string up to 2 full tones up or down, allowing for some very customized tunings. Granted, they actually sampled every note of every one of those tuned strings to make this possible. That would be a pre-requisite to making this happen authentically, but, I have also seen other guitar VI’s where the idea was accomplished with algo’s instead of full sample sets.

Let me know if anything like these are on the horizon. I would love, love, LOVE to finally be able to only have to use ONE guitar VI for my projects. Shreddage sounds the most realistic to me, but lacks those two features, which I use quite often.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”