Polaris, a new echo-reverb

Official support for: audiority.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Polaris

Audiority just released an echo->reverb with an unusual feature set-- a Single Delay Line that lets you mix 8 editable (ms/%) Early Reflection Taps with 16 editable (ms/%) Diffusion Taps, with Echo (ms/sync/tuned) and Echo Modulation (LFO wave/rate/amount) recirculating with the diffusion to create longer reverb tails. Nice video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcM7qQb2jAM
I just demoed it, and the sound is quite clear. The GUI is a decent size, but keeping with the 'polar' theme is beige-on-white. It is tricky to see labels (depending on your screen calibration), so black text will help, but the knobs have popup values in black (and the manual is only 2 pages so its not complex). A bypass button would also be good.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

really love this one!
tested in Live 9.6 64bit-
discovered that upon introducing into either a MIDI or audio track, I had to first "move" the wet knob before sound passed thru to the output (...?...) perhaps this is only on the demo...hopefully.
In any case, it's now on my shortlist to buy ;]

blortblort wrote: had to first "move" the wet knob before sound passed thru to the output
I found the same, also when I turned it off/on in the host it required the same tweak, hence my bypass request. On my shortlist too.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Hi guys,
thanks for the feedback. I didn't experienced that behaviour during the tests. Can you tell me your OS and DAW please?

Thanks,
Luca

same here
Win7, Studio One 3.2.1
Win7 64bit, i5 4690K, 16GB RAM, NI Audio 6, Presonus Eris E8, Yamaha HS50M, Presonus BlueTube, Shure SM7B, Studio One, Maschine MKII, Launchpad, Alesis VI61, NI F1, Traktor S4

OSX 10.8.5 MuLab 7
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Thank you, guys. I replicated the issue on MuLab, so tomorrow I'll be able to debug and fix it.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote:Thank you, guys. I replicated the issue on MuLab, so tomorrow I'll be able to debug and fix it.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
Luca
sorry, Luca... meant to answer earlier...covered up busy ;P
my system is Win 7 64bit home premium sp1, Live 9.6 64bit
glad it was not just me...sorry it was an issue and glad you're able to resolve! :tu:

Polaris has been updated to v1.0.1

Changelog
– NEW: Click to see current parameter value
– NEW: Parameter tooltip on mouse wheel
– NEW: Dry/Wet lock (via right click menu)
– FIX: Unexpected silence when instantiated
– FIX: Bypass resets settings (VST only)
– FIX: Sporadic crash on startup
– FIX: Typo in Windows installer

To update just download the demo from the product page.
Introductory pricing has been extended until the end of April.

Thank you for being so thorough!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Thanks. There was a little issue (error that compiles -_-). Please download the installer again, if you already did earlier. Sorry!

I really like the clarity and versatility of this plugin!
One odd behaviour: About once a minute or two I hear a single loud crackle that peaks my meter when Polaris 1.0.1 (Demo) is in a Mulab7 (Mac) rack with one synth. It occurs with different synths, with different Polaris presets, even with no audio in or with Polaris alone in a rack. It does not occur immediately before or after the Demo silence, and does not occur if Polaris is in a rack turned off.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Hi Michael,

the loud crack is unexpected but it would be fixed in the next update. The silence is part of the demo. You get 3 seconds of silence every minute. I know this could be annoying, but I think is a good compromise to test the plugin.

Cheers,
Luca

The silence is not a problem for me at all, Luca. I was just letting you know that the crack does not occur when the silence begins or ends.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Love the new shimmer addition- so much so I had to do a quick test yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VRERjR2nH0

This was before the latest update today. I played this live by assigning controller knobs to the shimmer-related controls through Mainstage.
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

Return to “Audiority”